Router for CCNP

joshgibson82joshgibson82 Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
Does anyone know if a Cisco 800 series router has enough of the SDM (GUI) features to practice for the CCNP parts that require the SDM? I know the ISCW and the ONT have parts on it from the GUI, and I want to know if anyone has used the 800 series to study. The 1811 has it for sure, but those are around 800 bucks.

Thanks,
Josh, CCNP CWNA

Comments

• oliverwoliverw Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Of hand i'm not to sure but will have a look when i get in tonight. Have a 827 and 837.
  • Brain-DrainBrain-Drain Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've taken both of those tests in the last 6 months and used a free router simulator called dynamips to learn the SDM. Dynamips runs real complete Cisco router IOS images so you aren't running a limited sim that would restrict you to just a few screens or commands. I found it to be an invaluable tool for learning the SDM for both those tests, and it won't cost you anything.

-bd
    CCVP in progress

QoS - studying
    cVoice -
    TUC -
    CIPT -
    GWGK -

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.
  • CherperCherper Member Posts: 140 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Dynamips is great. We use it to test configurations before deploying them to our network. I have even read that there are some fixes to allow it to emulate switches, but I haven't really looked to find out more.
    Studying and Reading:

Whatever strikes my fancy...
  • netteasernetteaser Member Posts: 198
    I am also using dynamips to study for the CCNP Exams. I also use it at work to test router configurations
  • joshgibson82joshgibson82 Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So can anyone tell me how to find/use dynamips? I have no clue about them.

Thanks!
    Josh, CCNP CWNA
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    So can anyone tell me how to find/use dynamips? I have no clue about them.
    Check this thread for a bunch of links for Dynamips
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23872
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!