ms self-paced 293 SUCKS

Just went thru the book and start working on the practice exam. However, this ms book really sucks, i cant even find any information relevant to clustering and c.a on the book when i work on the practice exam. I m about to get another book. this book is a waste of time..... PERIOD. icon_evil.gif

The guy who writes this book should be off publishing the ms certification exam. crash.gif

How do you guys setup home lab for this 293 exam? Any idea? I m trying to collect some ideas to setup my lab pc for clustering.....
mean people SUCK !!! BACK OFF !!!
The Next Stop is, MCSE 2003 and CCNA.
Bachelors of Technology in 1 More Year.

-Working on CCENT. Thank you my love <3

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Check out royal's post here:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19715
    royal wrote:
    Just a word of advice. I have heard from several coworkers that the MSPRESS book for 70-293 is very terrible and they all recommended Syngress. I took their advice and bought the Syngress book which was only around $8 from their website. The Syngress book was well written and helped me prepare for the 70-293 exam pretty well. I then used my coworkers MSPRESS book and read the chapters on Clustering and Certificates which were sub par compared to the chapters that were in the Syngress book.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    taktsoi wrote:
    Just went thru the book and start working on the practice exam. However, this ms book really sucks, i cant even find any information relevant to clustering and c.a on the book when i work on the practice exam. I m about to get another book. this book is a waste of time..... PERIOD. icon_evil.gif

The guy who writes this book should be off publishing the ms certification exam. crash.gif

How do you guys setup home lab for this 293 exam? Any idea? I m trying to collect some ideas to setup my lab pc for clustering.....

Have you tried the "Testout 293" this is very good resource, and it's fast track, for your setup a minimum of 3 computer with dual NIC, you need the extra nic on each box, you will configure this as a heartbeat, make sure your familiar with clustering "heartbeat" a lot of people at my work is confused with the proper configuration of this, and I heard NLB/Clustering is weighed down heavily on this exam.
  • Ricardo1Ricardo1 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi dude,

I've not take the exam yet and on Chapter 9 of the
    Ms Self Paced Training Kit( second edition) published mid last year.
    I'm using it together with CBT Nuggets.

Taktsoi, which Edition are you using or taking about; if you won't mind?

You scared me dude.
    “Be generous without thought of reward”.
    “It takes two to see both sides of a Problem”.
  • taktsoitaktsoi Member Posts: 224
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Thank you mark for your suggestion. :D No wonder why this book sucks. :D
    Ricardo1 wrote:
    which Edition are you using or taking about; if you won't mind?
    I have the second edition. Sorry dude. icon_redface.gif
    Hey Ricardo. Can you talk about why you took the 294 before 293? I have seen people doing this and i believe there may be a reason ex. 294 is easier than 293? mm.. icon_scratch.gif

Thank you guys.
    mean people SUCK !!! BACK OFF !!!
    The Next Stop is, MCSE 2003 and CCNA.
    Bachelors of Technology in 1 More Year.

-Working on CCENT. Thank you my love <3
  • Ricardo1Ricardo1 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    "Can you talk about why you took the 294 before 293? I have seen people doing this and i believe there may be a reason ex. 294 is easier than 293? mm.. "

I did the 294 AD b4 293 cos I use it often @ work and have a good understanding of it.
    But I was surprised with my score(763); I was expecting more than that.

Dude, don't fool yourself by underminding the 294 exam, as most guys are saying it is easy.
    I'll agree with the rest that the Sims are very easy, as compare to those of 291.

Good luck
    “Be generous without thought of reward”.
    “It takes two to see both sides of a Problem”.