passed today

parisokparisok Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
896 The advice & study guide here are excellent I was in and out in 40 minutes I found the test very straight forword. I guess I move to CISSP next.

Comments

• cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    Well Done!!!

Can you share and tips or gotchas with others working on this test?
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • msnelgrovemsnelgrove Member Posts: 167
    Wow! Great score! That puts my 841 to shame!
  • parisokparisok Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used a test simulator it was very close to the real test and the books suggested by all and the notes here.
  • Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    Sweet! Nice score.
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    w007!

What simulator?
    -Daniel
  • Rcan2620Rcan2620 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great! Congrats. Can you tell us what test simulator you used and what book?
    congrats! great score, dont forget to change your profile to reflect your new cert
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • parisokparisok Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Received my Cert says it expires next year Dec. I thought you did not have to recert for Sec+

I used a lot of different test engines as there were several of us studying together so we shared. I found testing and looking up incorrect answers helped me learn the most.
    congrats
  • tallicaman99tallicaman99 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    parisok wrote:
    Received my Cert says it expires next year Dec. I thought you did not have to recert for Sec+

I used a lot of different test engines as there were several of us studying together so we shared. I found testing and looking up incorrect answers helped me learn the most.

From the FAQs from Comptia's website, it states:
    Question
    Will I ever need to renew my certifications?
    Answer
    No, CompTIA certifications are lifetime certifications.
    barmetallicafanjb1.jpg
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've seen a few other threads where people are mentioning that their new CompTIA certs are being handed out with expiration dates on them. Does anyone know why this is?
  • tallicaman99tallicaman99 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This is a response I received from Comptia"
    All of CompTIA’s Certifications are good for life. Each exam is upgraded with technology updates approximately every 2-2 ½ years. The expiration date that you are referring to is probably the date that the current objectives are retiring.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Keep monitoring the comptia.org website for updates concerning our exams."
    barmetallicafanjb1.jpg
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Makes sense. Thanks for sharing :D
  • CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
    I would recommend a mid-level cert, like CCNP or CCDP, and not CCDA. My CCNA and a dollar will get me a cup of coffee, so adding another such cert to that doesn't seem to be of much value to me. A CCNP would show someone that you're committed and really know your way around a network - at least enough to probably offer you a job, even with no experience. It may not be the pay you want, but at least you'd be employed in your field.
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949