Laptop Error when Booting Up

telecomops101telecomops101 Member Posts: 128
Any suggestions on what to do with the following:

I have an HP omnibook Laptop that always beeps at me when booting up and gives me an error: 0210:stuck key 3d.

I can hit F1 and boot normally, but at some point while using the laptop the search dialog box will continue to pop up. It seems no matter waht key I hit the search box continues to pop up. It is so anyoing.

Any suggestions on what to look for. Thanks
"Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence."

Comments

• mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sounds like a keyboard issue. aslo try reseating ya keyboard.

if not buy one off ebay for 15 bucks or so :)
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Clearly the problem is that you do not have an Optimus Maximus keyboard. No worries, you can pick up one of these keyboards for $1,500.
    http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/optimus/
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Any suggestions on what to do with the following:

I have an HP omnibook Laptop that always beeps at me when booting up and gives me an error: 0210:stuck key 3d.

I can hit F1 and boot normally, but at some point while using the laptop the search dialog box will continue to pop up. It seems no matter waht key I hit the search box continues to pop up. It is so anyoing.

Any suggestions on what to look for. Thanks

Have you googled the error?

Have you checked HP's site for that problem?

Those will be two of the first places to research and see if others have had a similar problem and how they resolved it.

After that, consider any recent changes to your system, possibility of loose connection, etc...
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I thought the Optimus Keyboard was just a vaporware rumor, but apparently it's nearing product launch--and yes, for only $1500US: http://community.livejournal.com/optimus_project/
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sound like the Windows key on the keyboard may be stuck. Try to unstick it first, if that doesn't work you will probably have to replace the keyboard like the others have said.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yea, they've been taking preorders on the Optimus forever, but it keeps getting pushed back.

They actually did get the mini 3-button version out the door: http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/input/88ee/

It looks like the full version will actually see the light of day. I'll pick one up once they drop to 10% of the MSRP.