Options

CCNA Security

mattsthe2mattsthe2 Member Posts: 304
Morning Fellow Cisco Monkeys,

I thought i saw a posting someplace that mentioned the Cert "CCNA: Security" - anyone heard of such a thing and what is it?

Comments

• Options
    mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    Did some checking... couldn't find anything of the sort. Do you recall anything of where you think you may have seen it?

EDIT:

In the CCNA Prep Centre, under IT Certification and Career Paths, you can see the cert path for Routing, Switching, Security, Voice, etc.

For Security, the associate level cert is CCNA, while the Pro level cert is the CCSP... the Expert level is the CCIE.

I suppose Cisco has just classified the CCNA as the entry level cert for everything... Security included.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The updated 640-802 CCNA exam has a new Security Topic and a CCNA will be expected to implement network security.

But you may also be thinking about some of the silly ideas Cisco asked about in some surveys they did this year.

There was a survey around February about new career certifications which may have led to Cisco's decision to offer the CCENT.

In May there was a survey to help with updating the current curricula.

Then there was another one about Certification Naming (around June) that was just so silly I remember I quit in the middle of it.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    mikej412 wrote:
    But you may also be thinking about some of the silly ideas Cisco asked about in some surveys they did this year.

Hey Mike, I got hit with one of those Security surveys just yesterday. Wasn't going to bother, but thought, what the hell... maybe Big C will throw me a voucher or something. I guy can hope, right? Well, nadda at the end. Some interesting questions, though.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I thought I heard some rumblings somewhere about a possible CCSA or CCVA Cisco Certified Security Associate or Cisco Certified Voice Asociate or the like. These are my theoretical names not theirs but I think they said something might be in the works over the next year or two...Perhaps someone else knows more about this or if it is just a hypothetical.

Just food for thought. icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

mattsthe2mattsthe2 Member Posts: 304
    hhhmmmm...maybe i was thinking about that survey....

thanks for the reply guys.