NEWBIE HERE!

doch3624doch3624 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi to everyone. I'm a newbie.. Need help!

I'm a graduate of Computer Engineering year 2006. I had about 1 year experience about computers and call center stuffs. To be honest, it was kind of a lousy job, I wasn't able to put in to full practice what I have learned when I was in my college days. I wish I could have found a company to give me a good experience, but I'm having a hard time finding one. So I decided to take Microsoft Certification instead, to further boost up my knowledge and the advantage of finding a good company for a good job.

So here's the question, what should I do first? I mean, what course am I going to start with in order to gain the MCSA certificate? Guys, I need some advice from you... Thanks..

and HOW MUCH WILL IT COST ME, FOR THE TRAINING, EXAM, ETC... THANKS AGAIN

Comments

• KomkommerKomkommer Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm in the same boat as you. However, I already studying for the 70-270. It's about XP pro. I think it's a good beginning. You can look on the microsoft website about MCSA. You can even find out the topics of each exam.

I suggest to work with virtual machines if you only have one computer. It will save you money. But it may need more ram or better processor.
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Hi and welcome to techexams :)

As for cost of the MCSA, it really depends on how you study for it. It'll cost more if you do all the training with private companies, the cheapest option would be to self-study or a combination of the two, or if educational institutes do them, they may be the best of the two. But it does depend on your study method.

As for going for the MCSA, are you working in a Microsoft environment? The MCP, MCDST, MCSA etc really would only help you in that environment. If you work in an Apple environment then the ACSA or ACHDS would be a better option for you, or if you work in a linux environment the RHCE or RHCT would be a better option for you.

-Ken
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Get yourself 2GB of a ram in a cleanly installed PC, with some disk space. Download VMWare, and install eval server 2003 and a few XP pro clients. The you can practice until the eval is up and then just reinstall, or if you have the disk space just take a Virtual image of the machines when install is done, and then bobs your uncle easy to get back up and running again. Lab time == essential to understanding Microsoft.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • doch3624doch3624 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks guys.. you really helped, a lot.. thanks..

I am now working on my self study, my friend gave me a study guide regarding with the 70-270..
    Its kinda hard for me at first, but, as I focuse more on it, I slowly understand everything..
    Thanks guys..

I will be taking the exam 70-270 on the 1st week of November. Wish me luck guys.
    Ill give you a notice about it.
  • ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
    doch3624 wrote:
    thanks guys.. you really helped, a lot.. thanks..

I am now working on my self study, my friend gave me a study guide regarding with the 70-270..
    Its kinda hard for me at first, but, as I focuse more on it, I slowly understand everything..
    Thanks guys..

I will be taking the exam 70-270 on the 1st week of November. Wish me luck guys.
    Ill give you a notice about it.

so your taking the exam this 1st week of november? how long you've been working for 70-270 or how long did it take you to prepare for 70-270?

im also preparing for it :) good luck to you. :)
    No Sacrifice, No Victory.