I passed the CWNA!

SofaSurferSofaSurfer Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Started studying last week by reading the Plant 3 book...did about 100 pages a day then got the Sybex book and read 250 pages a day...ran through the online practice exams and passed the CWNA with an 80%.

Next is the CWSP!
Universal Philosopher of Absolute Reality

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif You got a good score! Was the CWNP exam easier or more difficult than you thought? And when are you planning on taking the CWSP exam?
  • SofaSurferSofaSurfer Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It was harder than I thought it would be. Lots of structured question with complicated answer choices. My goal was to make an 80% or better but as I was going through the exam I was a bit worried because for me it was hard to gage exactly how I was doing.

One other thing I noticed about the exam was that they do not tell you what question number you are and since I was not keeping count I wasn't sure how much further I had to go before I was finished. I finished the exam in 59 minutes but I would advise everyone not to rush because they do not let you go back and change answers. Once you answer a question and click "next" that's it.

As far as the CWSP goes...I'm not sure when I'll be taking that because I do not have the book yet however I will be ordering it after I read the online book provided by CWSP but I imagine maybe in a month or two I'll give it a shot.

My advise to anyone taking this exam is to get information from as many sources as you can and don't rely too much on the practice exams you find online gage you knowledge because the online practice exam is really easy.

The Sybex book came with a CD in it that has flash cards and three practice exams with sixty some questions on each. As far as paying $150.00 for some of the practice exams you will find online I do not think they would be very cost effective. I passed by using the Planet 3 book and the Sybex book so I would think anyone else should be able to do that also since the only previous experience I have had with wi-fi was configuring my Linksys at home and maybe doing a little bit of war driving :)

Good luck!
    Universal Philosopher of Absolute Reality
  • hjcoumanshjcoumans Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations with your CWNA.

Thanks for sharing your CWNA exam experience with us. I'm warned about this "Cisco style" exam (including the difficulty, high pass-score and non-review).

The idea is to do my exam before the end of this year, but book (David and David) delivery can ruin my schedule.

Regards,
    Han
    ToDolist: (deep breath) (roughly in sequence) 70-291, 70-290, Security+, 70-270, 70-294, LPIC-2, (out-of-sequence) CCDP 70-299, CWNA, EXIN ISF, CISSP, 8 more EXIN exams and some more work...... BS
  • hac_kinghac_king Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulation on ur pass...
    i have one qs.. ?

is it neccasity to pass cwna prior to go for cwnp or cwsp????

or we can do it directly....
    ~~Leave your mark wherever you go~~
    http://gourav.totalh.com ~My tech. forum~
    http://google.wap.in My wap site
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    The CWNA (PW0-100 - Wireless LAN Administration) is a required exam for all CWNP certifications except Wireless#.

For example: Requirements for the CWSP
  • CherperCherper Member Posts: 140 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The nice thing with CWNP certs is that you can take the exams in any order. You won't get your CWSP until you pass the CWNA, but you can take that test anytime. I went to a bootcamp earlier this year for the CWNA/CWSP. I use the stuff, but had lots of training money to waste icon_lol.gif

I took the CWSP first because it was so much more focused than the CWNA. The CWNA was in my opinion was much harder than the CWSP, there is just a lot more to cover. Sort of like the CCNA is harder than each of the CCNP tests.
    Studying and Reading:

Whatever strikes my fancy...