Way too much Cisco

2»

Comments

• CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
    mikearama wrote:
    (stands up and smiles meekly at the group) "Hi, my name's Mike, and I haven't switched a users vlan membership for kicks in two weeks. I did, however, SPAN my managers access port over to my port and Ethereal'd his facebook password. I'm so weak."

I also dream about the cli, frequently.

In fact, it's a great barometer of my readiness in a topic. For example, last week I dreamt I was working on an MST solution, and in my dream it made sense.

Two nights ago I woke up ~ 4am after dreaming about CoS, and I smiled to myself, cause what I dreamt made no sense at all. Now I know what to study harder on.

"Hi, Mike......." [Everyone gives him a welcoming smile and polite applause]
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    icon_lol.gif I didn't even notice before I posted my stupid little cisco anonymous introduction that Mike had already done it. Oh well. We're all huge geeks, but I love what I do and it will pay off in the long run to be a geek.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dtlokee wrote:
    ya'll need to get out more.

I try too but my routers and switches dont like to be left alone, they start making funny noises.

almost as if they are crying icon_cry.gif
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    mgeorge27 wrote:
    dtlokee wrote:
    ya'll need to get out more.

I try too but my routers and switches dont like to be left alone, they start making funny noises.

almost as if they are crying icon_cry.gif

Take them with you.... Heck I do......

Ummmm Did I just say that??? Damn geek...... hahah

I EMBRACE MY GEEKINESS....WE ALL SHOULD...... (i need sleep...) icon_eek.gif

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
    I undergird my king-size matress with numerous Cisco routers myself; I feel that at some point networking-osmosis takes place, and I can learn more. Anything to break the plateau.
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949
  • mattsthe2 wrote:

No nightmares of people cutting network cables with scissors like some sick twisted horror move yet though.

lol, actually someone did that to me when I was the admin at a small business out here. He got fired and used garden shears to cut all 37 of the network cables coming out of the server room...that was not a fun clean up...
  • phreakphreak Member Posts: 170 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Its funny those of you that read before bed and understand in the morning. I used that technique all through college. It would piss my woman off to no end, as she would stay up really late cramming, while I would just browse the chapter and then go to sleep. I vaugely remember some pretty wicked dreams about subjects today, but I know that when I woke up I was ready to test.

Test time came, and we both got the same score.... never below a 95. LOL

She was pissed to say the least.....
    icon_lol.gif
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mattsthe2 wrote:

No nightmares of people cutting network cables with scissors like some sick twisted horror move yet though.

lol, actually someone did that to me when I was the admin at a small business out here. He got fired and used garden shears to cut all 37 of the network cables coming out of the server room...that was not a fun clean up...

That's a really stupid thing to do, it destruction of a computer system. Also it's not a good idea to delete data or any other sort of destruction when you leave a job. A company I worked for had a database admin who thought it would be a good idea to put a trigger on the users table so when his user was deleted it dropped all the tables from the servers. Landed him in jail for 2 years and $250,000 in fines.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • mattsthe2mattsthe2 Member Posts: 304
    dtlokee wrote:
    mattsthe2 wrote:

That's a really stupid thing to do, it destruction of a computer system. Also it's not a good idea to delete data or any other sort of destruction when you leave a job. A company I worked for had a database admin who thought it would be a good idea to put a trigger on the users table so when his user was deleted it dropped all the tables from the servers. Landed him in jail for 2 years and $250,000 in fines.

I can understand people being devoted to there job and being upset for being let go, lets face it nobody want to get fired, but doing something like that, yikes!!

Most places even though they are letting you go will give you a good reference never the less, what person would hire someone that did that??...you might as well kiss your career good bye, and in this case a portion of your life - behind bars!!
  • mattsthe2mattsthe2 Member Posts: 304
    So now that i have my first Cisco Cert, im thinking about celebrating with a custom made t-shirt.
    What should my slogan be... the floor is open..

"I inject my BGP routers and it feels oh so good...."

"Unless your a CCNP or higher, sit down and shut up...."
  • mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mattsthe2 wrote:
    So now that i have my first Cisco Cert, im thinking about celebrating with a custom made t-shirt.
    What should my slogan be... the floor is open..

"I inject my BGP routers and it feels oh so good...."

"Unless your a CCNP or higher, sit down and shut up...."

lol my shirt would say

"If your not CCNP, Then you cannot comprehend me"

haha!!
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Shirt Slogans

"ip route $0.0.0.0 $0.0.0.0 interface Wife\Girlfriend 0\1"

or

"access-list 100 deny ip host wife host mycreditcard"

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    A.P.A wrote:
    Shirt Slogans

or

You need a "eq shopping mall" on your destination port!

But seriously guys, as dt said take a break once in a while....there is such thing as overkill.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    r_durant

oh my god was that xxx access-list funny than anything!

you know you are an IT nut when yu can laugh at that until i was blue in the face.
    oh my god!

awesome!
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A.P.A wrote:
    Shirt Slogans

or

Man you should start marketing those! :Dicon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.