Exam 811 and 821

deekapdeekap Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have seen everybody is taking 801 instead of breaking the exam in 2 parts, isn't easy to divide the exam in 2 parts, is there any advantage of taking one 801 exam instead of divinding iy 2. How long does it prepare for exam as average. I just started preparing for it. Please reply.

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    How long it takes depends mostly on how much hours you put in every day. If you want to takes it easy and do it thorough I guess most would need somewhere between 6 weeks and 3 months, but it differs a lot per person.

If you don't have any prior network experience or education I recommend taking the Network+ exam first and than the one CCNA exam or taking the two CCNA exams (intro and icnd). Those that already passed the network+ exam should probably go for the one 801 exam. If money is not an issue, it is still a hard choice, two exams means more questions to get right, and wrong... icon_wink.gif
  • deekapdeekap Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the answer, i have started reading Cisco Press Books, it comes with simulator, is practising with simulator good enough or you should buy routhers too, what other book would anyone recommend apart from cisco press books for prerperation. Please reply.
    Which Cisco Press books are you reading? If you want an additional book, I recommend the Sybex CCNA guide by Todd Lammle.
    it comes with simulator, is practising with simulator good enough or you should buy routhers too
    It is 'good enough' to pass the exam. If you are serious about CCNA, a Cisco networking carreer, and perhaps want to go on with CCNP after CCNA, (I'm not saying those who aren't using real routers are not serious about their CCNA study ;)) I recommend picking up at least two used routers. It isn't a requirement to pass the exam, but it can make a huge difference.
  • pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    but it can make a huge difference

Yeah, like if you used a normal cable to go into the transiever rather than a crossover cable.. Or you need to setup a telnet server on one router to transfer the ios to the other router.. icon_wink.gif
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
    Exactly :D

Although a simulator is great for practicing commands, which is essential for the exam sims, there's nothing like actual 'hands-on'.
  • deekapdeekap Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am reading cisco press books INTRO and ICND from Wendall Odoum, ( any other sugesstion for book) and i guess i can buy used routers from ebay, can anyone tell me how much do they go for. Please reply.
  • pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    This thread might give you a little insite.
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3349
    Xinxing is the hairy one.