70-293 Game Plan!!! - Updated "Passed"

jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
There is no action here, this area looks dead :P lol at least I had so much fun with 291 thread...

My arsenals:

CBT Nuggets 293 - Someone tell Conrad to slow down lol :P
Testout 293 (My favorite)
MS-Press 293 2nd Edition
White Paper Clustering & NLB

Trainsignals DNS 2003 (Lab Training)
Trainsignals Routers & Packets (Lab Training)
Trainsignals Virtual Private Networks (Lab Training)

Lab:

4 Physical Machine Windows 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition (2 x HP Proliant DL380 Rack Servers :P Yeah I love the real stuff, this thing are loud as hell though lol)
1 Windows XP Client
4 External SCSI Drive (Quorum and Shared Resource FTW)

Please let me know if I should check any other resources for this exam, between I am studying 4 - 6 hours a day and full day on the weekends, I wanna make sure I cover everything before I go into battle, I can't wait to go into the heart of MCSE 294 :)

Comments

• jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hmmm does anyone recomments a good resource or what part of Trainsignal covers Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) in great and broad detail?
  • ThiassiThiassi Member Posts: 167
    I think the Trainsignal PKI vids are under the "Network Security Series" disk.
    ~Thiassi
    I have the Trainsignal Mega Lab Collections, does anyone have an idea which part of this series covers NLB and Clustering?

Thanks in advance :)
  • Sanger80Sanger80 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Books I purchased:

MS Press Windows Server 2003 PKI Certificate Security
    MS-Press 293 2nd Edition
    Syngress 293

Then before I test I will take the Transcender.

That's what I'm going to do. I am just about ready to go back to battle with the 291 and then I will keep you company over here. :D
  • CorySCoryS Member Posts: 208
    I just ordered the Sybex, I have the transcenders for this one as well. I snagged a couple more nics and my vid card for the second pc (hacked together server) will be in so I can hopefully setup clustering and get some good hands on.

I cant see NLB and Clustering being that hard but grasping all the security template settings may be a bit overwhelming, been looking for a good technet article but am only getting the general stuff which I am sure is not going to suffice, hopefully Sybex will take care of us huh? :)
    MCSE tests left: 294, 297 |
  • ThiassiThiassi Member Posts: 167
    jbaello wrote:
    I have the Trainsignal Mega Lab Collections, does anyone have an idea which part of this series covers NLB and Clustering?

Thanks in advance :)

I checked this out before and sent them an email to ask if they did nlb/Clustering at all and they responded with "Not at the moment but we may look to add it to our collection soon".

I just used technet and Sybex for info which got me the pass.
    ~Thiassi
    Took the exam today and passed with a score of 925, the exam is exactly something I did not expect, I only encountered a few questions about CA/PKI & NLB/Clustering, for the most part it was a lot of GPO and IPsec, my simulation i]Please don't give away SIM topics - Mod[/i.

For my next target I'm thinking of 299 or 294.

I would like to thanks everyone for helping me out with this, I consider 293 to be the most challenging material I had to study, perhaps I got lucky this time.
    Happy Holidays Everyone!!!
  • Ricardo1Ricardo1 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats,

Actually, the exam is very challenging as compared to the others.

I took it last week and scored 676; very close.
    I'll be going for it again early next year.

Enjoy yourself for the hard earn success.
    “Be generous without thought of reward”.
    “It takes two to see both sides of a Problem”.
    Ricardo1 wrote:
    Congrats,

Actually, the exam is very challenging as compared to the others.

I took it last week and scored 676; very close.
    I'll be going for it again early next year.

Enjoy yourself for the hard earn success.

Thanks there was no questions related to FSMO Roles and Sites Services, I was anticipating this stuff since I spent a whole lot of time with it, well good luck on your next attempt your very close and almost there.
  • JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    Congrats on the pass! And thanks for the breakdown of areas covered.

And Happy Holidays icon_smile.gif
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    youre on a tear man!!! Congrats!!!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Sanger80Sanger80 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A late congrats to you!

Man, I am reading through the Syngress book and the rumors are true. Very dry. Like trying to eat desert sand.