Options

What is the average time frame for completing your MCSE

Core09Core09 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I am new to this fourm and like what I see so far, I am currently studying for my mcse and just wanted to get some feedback on a time line for the mcse certification exam. I am talking from start to finish - Studying to Writing all your exams. From what I can see after reading some threads, this site has a few people who have completed this.

Your feedback is appreciated and sorry if this is a re-post.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The answer varies widely depending on:

1 - your experience level with Microsoft and exposure to networking in general
    2 - your aptitude for test taking and studying in general
    3 - the methods and materials used for your studies - instructor led vs all the different flavors of self study (and the variance in the quality between certification study products) vs hands on learning
    4 - your true interest in learning this

My suggest would be to just get started and see if it's for you.

blargoe
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    blargoe wrote:
    The answer varies widely depending on:

1 - your experience level with Microsoft and exposure to networking in general
    2 - your aptitude for test taking and studying in general
    3 - the methods and materials used for your studies - instructor led vs all the different flavors of self study (and the variance in the quality between certification study products) vs hands on learning
    4 - your true interest in learning this

My suggest would be to just get started and see if it's for you.

blargoe

Couldn't have posted it better myself.

Perfect!!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?