PASSED!!!...barely

minindaymininday Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I scored THEE minimum 700 out of 1000. I originally said I would take three weeks to study and then just take it. Well, three weeks turned into a week and a half. I almost rescheduled, but decided to say screw it and take it, due to the free re-take that MS offers.

I ended up only using Exam Cram v2, the included practice test and the practice test here. I didn't take this one as serious because I have used Windows XP Pro extensively. It was and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. MS obviously likes to offer a lot of trickery in their questing. Giving two very good answers and two very bad answers. I'm just glad to be an MCP finally after all of this time.

Next up is either Network+ or 70-290. Probably stick to MS for now, just because I'm already there.

Comments

• cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    Congrats!

As many will say below.....a pass is a pass. GL on your future studies.
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck on the 290. If you haven't done much with servers then plan on setting up a lab.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • manny355manny355 Member Posts: 134
    Congrats...a pass is definitely a pass...I squeaked back with a similar score...lol

My thank god that my employer only wants to know that I passed and not the score...so thats an extra 500 bucks extra a year and a fat bonus check at the end of the year...lol.

I will be taking both of the mcdst next week...to get them out the way then on to 290.

I took the 271 test on monday 11/12 and passed with a much better score...my thoughts are if you study for and pass the 270 then 271 and probably 272 will be a breeze. So for those of you who like me are getting pay raises and bonuses based on what certifications you have mcdst after 270 will be easy. I'll be taking the 272 as soon as I can get reimbursed for the 270 and 271 tests.

2 away from MCSA....whooohaaa