I need more info?

ronorono Member Posts: 121 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi :)

I would like to know how a web hosting bussines works and which certification should I have to run a bussines like this?

I'm just at the begining of the road...passed recently my A+ Core Hardware and I'm confuse which road to take,because I'm kind of pesimist about getting a new job ,let's say,after I'm done with MCSA 2003.

I'm a romanian guy,living in Norway and things are strange here...

So,I think it will be smarter to get/learn a certification which could help me to start/try a bussines alone.

Any advices?

Thanks
Mess with the best,Die like the rest!

Comments

• pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    which certification should I have to run a bussines like this?

A sure bet is a certification wont tell you how to run a business like this..
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    there are plenty of turn-key operations if you are keen to get into webhosting, not sure how you would go about sorting it all out for yourself, though. but i imagine the costs would be enormous - not only have you to provide and maintain the hardware, but you will also have to sort out getting a dns, sorting out the control panels, etc
    A+ Moderator
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    rono wrote:
    which certification should I have to run a bussines like this?

I don't think customers'll ask you for your certification if you're going to run a web hosting business. icon_lol.gif The only certification they'll be looking for is that their website doesn't go down and is always available with you.

and as bellboy said: a web-hosting business will want some real cash; and if you're just starting out in the industry, you should consider getting higher certifications (MCSA,MCSE,etc) and experience before you jump out into the battlefield.

just by 2 lbs'.
    2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.