Finally Passed 70-270!!

col24col24 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

I passed my 70-270 exam yesterday with a score of 936.

I previously failed the exam twice and was getting quite annoyed and frustrated with myself becuase I am aiming for the MCSE qualification and I considered this exam the easiest of them all on the MCSE track.

Im so glad I have passed now, its now its me 4 months for hard study.
I have used Sybex Windows XP book and MS press also using Learnkey for the CBT which features Arron Spurlock who is really brilliant!

I used Transenders for my practise tests and found that they are harder then the real exam but are a very good testing tool.

On to 70-290 now!!!!

Comments

• ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
    congrats! goodluck for 290 :)
    No Sacrifice, No Victory.
  • LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Chief, all the best for 290 :)
  • SoulreaverSoulreaver Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • WillgKnowledgeIseekWillgKnowledgeIseek Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great job man , way to stay with it , Don't ever get mad about a IT exam because the true I.T techs all know you have to do something once before it really sticks , reading about how to do something without doing it retains usually 40 60 % knowledge but when you do it yourself hands on thats when the 80 % 100% really sticks in..

But congrats again and good luck with the big goal .

I have never took a MS test yet all my certs have been by dell/hp or the 3 main of the comptia .

What are some things about the ms test I should look for any way to attack there test tips you have learned?
    Currently Studying
    CISCO CCNET, Exchange 2007, EST End of Jan

Updated :Passed Security + "2007 Version" 858 Oct 13, 2007
    MCDST - December 22, 2007- 949
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    We just covered training in my Industrial/Organizational Psych course, and here are more accurate percentages of what is learned:

People remember…
    – 10% of what they read
    – 20% of what they hear
    – 30% of what they see (e.g. videos)
    – 50% of what they hear & see
    – 70% of what they say & write
    – 90% of what they say & do
  • col24col24 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Guys,

I cant comment on the Exam as I will not violate the NDA
    but I used transenders and found them wonderfull to use they really help you identify for when you were ready to take it the real exam - bit expensive but money worth spending, they help you identify weak areas aswell

Read MS press books aswell also Sybex was good and helped fill in the gaps between areas, if you are uncertain of anything simulate it on a PC.

It did help that I run a small Server 2003 domain at my home so this helped me allot especially in preparing for this exam.

Just done my first CBT video on the 70-290 - really good, However 70-291 looks like its going to require alot of coffee!!
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□

This is why I love to study with others. Talking to another person about a topic and trying to talk as if you know it is the greatest way to learn something.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mishra wrote:

This is why I love to study with others. Talking to another person about a topic and trying to talk as if you know it is the greatest way to learn something.

+1 icon_thumright.gif

Problem is, except for the CCNA I have never found anyone else willing to study as a group. With my CCNA there were 4 of us in the Cisco Academy class who teamed up to study and do the class projects together. Out of about 16 in the class, the 4 of us were the one's making straight A's. We'd often get together after class was over (classes were at night, like 7-10PM) and spend another hour or 90 minutes at a coffee shop near the college. We all had families and full time jobs too. Even after the Academy classes ended we still met once per week at the Book Store to study together for about 2 months. All 4 of us passed the CCNA, but I think there were only 2 others in the class who did out of the other 12. It makes a difference when you have motivated friends helping each other. :)

Sorry for hijacking the thread for this little story..
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Mishra wrote:

+1 icon_thumright.gif

Problem is, except for the CCNA I have never found anyone else willing to study as a group.

Sorry for hijacking the thread for this little story..

present! icon_study.gif im willing to study with someone interested but i think i'll be the student icon_lol.gif first reason why im here in the forum is to look for study buddy and you are right its hard to find one. anyway i feel contented the way you guys reply to my questions. its a great help for us beginners. :)
    No Sacrifice, No Victory.
  • NecromansusNecromansus Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Gratz. :)

I was under the impression that the 70-290 exam needed to be done before the 70-270. Well thats what one of my instructors told me. gl on ur next exam.