Test 640-801 frustration

mbeavenmbeaven Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I failed the 640-801 again, this time I had a serious problem with the router simulations software. Everytime I entered a command the prompt would go to the next one but the previous text would stay in place meaning anything I typed would type over the previous command and would be illegible. I know the material very well and knew what I wanted to do but couldn't see what my commands were doing.

I left a comment on the screens where it occured and complained to the test proctor. They told me to call Prometric about it, so I did and they said I could pay to reschedule, so I told them that I'd rather not have to pay to take the exam again when it was software problems on their end. They're checking into it and told me to call back later. Anyone else run into these kinds of problems? Is Vue a better choice? I can drive 50 miles to take the exam at a Vue center if I need to. Grrr.....

Comments

• pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    Dude.. Raise hell.. YOu shoulda called the proctor in when it happened and told him either fix it or you walk.. Start screaming about better business bueru.. (those guys hate those words)... Its not your fault.. Tell them you had to take off work to get a schedule.. (like i have to). That tells them its costing you big time money.. Dont let them push you around. Also. tell them you dont need to wait the limit (if there is a limit between tests)...
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I'm sorry to hear about the problems you experienced. Don't give in, if the sofware didn't work they should let you retake the exam without having to pay again.

I don't think it depends on wether the test center is Prometric or VUE, but there is often a difference between test centers in different locations, so I think I would check out that VUE center anyway.
  • pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    Dude.. Raise love

nice.. filter? or Webmaster? icon_redface.gif
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • mbeavenmbeaven Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the input just seriously frustrated. I felt confident of everything else I did. I guess I was just too intimidated to raise hell there were other people taking exams and I didn't want to get booted. I did leave a comment on the page where it first happened. And told the proctor right after. I did take this morning off work. I may try VUE anyway since they do 7 days a week instead of just Tues and Wed.
  • viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that. I would definitely raise holy @#%$ if I were you. Don't let them just blow you off...keep on top of the issue until there's an agreement. Good Luck!!!
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    pandimus wrote:
    Dude.. Raise love

nice.. filter? or Webmaster? icon_redface.gif
    Nah, if I edit I leave trace or send a PM.

When I installed the forums I imported a word list with 'bad words', I realize it is too strict as I've been censored myself ;)
    Well I've got to say Prometric customer service isn't wowwing me. I'm waiting for a callback now. icon_rolleyes.gif
    Anyone have any Zen secrets for these exams? I became pretty exasperated after the simulator fiascos and probably went through a few questions too fast after losing time. The CCNA is the only exam I've felt the ticking of the clock on. Even reading through the Microsoft novels they have for questions didn't bother me.