Making a run while I can (Passed)

cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
Passed on friday, this was an extremely easy test for me. The only reason I took it is because I get reimbursed from work. It felt like a mix of the easy points from the sec+ and net+ with a little language basics mixed in. Spendy test if you are paying for it ($232) so I am not sure if I would have been happy spending my own money for it.

OP

I am making a sprint at this one before time runs out. I have a few certs and I am in a networking program, along with working in hosting/managed services. I am only going with one book (Sybex) since I could only find one for 1KO-002 and have a work sponsored CBT program as well. I am familiar with COMPTIA but am looking for any pointers or problem areas that I should concentrate on.

Thanks in advance!

PS I am giving myself 4 weeks on this one.
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.

Comments

• sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Since you already have A+, Net+, and Sec+ this one should be a walk in the park for you. Good Luck!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • LiatiLiati Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I agree with sthomas... just look out for the i-Net+ web peculiarities like HTML, Meta Tags. But really as long as you study you should be fine.
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I took some practice tests for it a while ago for fun, and the questions were all pretty simple and easy. Is it worth taking right now...how much is the exam? I wouldn't mind another set of letters on my resume.
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    That is how I feel. I get reimbursed by my employer so that made it an easy decision. Seems pretty straightforward. If you are paying for this yourself you have to weigh the investment vs return the test is on the high end for comptia 232us. I am working overnights this week and have a week off school so this is the only test I thought I could pass in such a short timeframe. Test is on Friday.
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.