Options

MCSA Pin Badges

john.pickfordjohn.pickford Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Guys,

When I passed my MCP I got my certificate etc and a pin badge.
When I git my MCSA and MCSA messaging welcome kits there was no pin badge.

My bro is MCSE and has MCP, MSCA, MCSA Messaging and MSCE pin badges. Has something changed?

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I believe MS is no longer giving out the pins.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Hi,

See here.
    MS wrote:
    Q. Do welcome kits include a certification lapel pin?
    A. No. Lapel pins have been discontinued in response to customer feedback, allowing us to allow us to focus on delivering benefits with higher approval ratings.

-Ken
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    No badges these days huh? Bummer.

I remember receiving a badge for MCP and another for MCSE when I finally completed mine back in 1999. It took me 9 months to cover the material for the 6 tests. The badge was discrete enough so I used it as a sort of tie pin, only for my boss at the time to take the p1ss by using a 'Blue Peter' badge on his tie..heheheh. I can laugh about it now but after working so hard in my freetime to get the MCSE I was less than impressed. He had no Microsoft certs. I recall getting one for CNA as well in 1999. In the end, all the badges got lost and I never displayed my certificates. I am thinking of putting them all up in my study at home where I prepare for my CCIE. Expect for my old CCNA and CCNP certificates, I seem to have lost those in a house move years back!
  • Options
    john.pickfordjohn.pickford Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Guys,

Your right it is a bummer!!