Passed!

Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey Everyone,

I passed the Linux+ today. It wasn't too bad, it threw a couple curve balls, I studied for about a week, I read the entire Sybex book and well, I use Linux as my primary operating system, but not for as much server stuff was on the test.

Very excited, going for my Network+ in a couple weeks.

If anyone has any questions about any of it let me know and I'll feel free to answer :)

Comments

• ThiassiThiassi Member Posts: 167
    Congrats. :)
    ~Thiassi
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations for passing!

And best of luck on the Network+!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass, don't forget to update your profile with the new cert. And, of course, good luck on the Network+ exam.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice job! icon_thumright.gif

Did you like the Sybex book?
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • JstnJstn Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've decided to register here on the forums now, so this is my account which I've already updated with the Linux+.

I did like the Sybex book, I don't think it covered everything on the exam, but I find it close the writing style of the O'reilly books (which are my favorite).

Once I read the Network+ and then take the exam I'll have a better idea of how the Sybex books are.
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • RoboRooRoboRoo Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congats

I passed the exam today with a score of 730. I was convinced the whole way through that I wouldn't make it but in the end I was okay.
  • JstnJstn Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was unfamiliar with a few of the questions, but once I finished the test I reviewed every question and they looked pretty good.

How was the Network+ for you? I just picked up the book, I'm taking it in 2 weeks, I've had a few semesters of CCNA classes.
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • RoboRooRoboRoo Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I actually did better on Linux+ than Network+. On Network+ I got 695 but I suppose because of the higher pass mark on Linux+ I put more study time into it.
  • floppydiskfloppydisk Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CONGRATULATIONS......good work...!!
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Congrats! Estimating - how long would it take an individual to pass Linux + starting from scratch without any experience?