Options

question on certification expiration and CPEs

spree610spree610 Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
OK as ISC2's website is difficult to navigate for certain info I have to ask. What is the expiration timeframe on the CISSP and what is the deal with CPEs? Is it like the PMP where you have to maintain 24 contact hours and retest ever 3 years? Thanks
"The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing just what it is that I do."

Next stop 70-291, 70-648, 70-646

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I believe it is 120 hours every three years or you need to retake the test. If you read through the topics here, CPEs are discussed a lot.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    spree610spree610 Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    got it thanks!
    "The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing just what it is that I do."

Next stop 70-291, 70-648, 70-646
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    The information in the CCCure Flash-based introduction to the CISSP exam has been recently updated, including the section on CPEs. You need to be a registered member of the cccure.org Web site to view this presentation.

http://www.cccure.org/modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=viewlink&cid=167
  • Options
    SchluepSchluep Member Posts: 346
    JDMurray wrote:
    The information in the CCCure Flash-based introduction to the CISSP exam has been recently updated, including the section on CPEs. You need to be a registered member of the cccure.org Web site to view this presentation.

http://www.cccure.org/modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=viewlink&cid=167

Registration at cccure.org is free in case you were wondering. The flash presentation JDMurray mentioned is an excellent source of information primarily about what to expect for the exam, however you can skip straight to the CPE section.
  • Options
    lopezcolopezco Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    From ISC2
    "Effective 30 April 2008, those holding the CISSP, SSCP and/or CAP certifications will be required to meet minimum annual requirements for Continuing Professional Education credits (CPEs) and Annual Maintenance Fees (AMFs). Meeting these minimum annual requirements will be required of any (ISC)2 certificate holder who is certified or recertified on or after 30 April 2008. Currently, to maintain your certification, you are required to meet AMF and CPE requirements by the end of your three-year certification cycle.

Following are details on the annual CPE requirements for each credential:

CISSP - CISSPs must earn and submit a total of 120 CPEs by the end of their three-year certification cycle. With the new changes, a minimum of 20 CPEs must be earned and posted and the US$85 AMF paid during each year of the three-year certification cycle before the anniversary date. For CISSPs who hold one or more concentrations, CPEs submitted for the CISSP concentration(s) will be counted toward the annual minimum CPEs required for the CISSP.

SSCP - SSCPs must earn and submit a total of 60 CPEs by the end of their three-year certification cycle. Under the new requirements, a minimum of 10 CPEs must be posted and the US$65 AMF paid during each year of the three-year certification cycle before the anniversary date.

CAP - CAPs must earn and submit a total of 60 CPEs by the end of the three-year certification cycle. Under the new rules, a minimum of 10 CPEs must be posted and US$65 paid during each year of the three-year certification cycle before the anniversary date.

Upon submitting the required number of CPEs and paying the AMFs, (ISC)2 will send you a notice via email confirming you've met the minimum annual requirements and are on track for recertification. You will receive a renewal package upon meeting your three-year recertification requirements.

Although you may earn more than the minimum CPEs required for credential maintenance, you are still required to earn and submit the minimum annual number during each year of your certification cycle to maintain your certification in "good standing." Other requirements to remain in "good standing" include paying AMFs and abiding by the (ISC)2 Code of Ethics."
    DAL
    "If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees." — Kahlil Gibran