Passed CCDA exam Finaly

kenny504kenny504 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 237 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed 640-863 exam finally. Thanks alot guys. I thought for a second i would have been unsuccesful a third time. But ohh man it feels good. Have to update my profile now.

Thanks again. That Diane Teare Study guide is trillion times more lucid than the cisco cert guide 3rd edition.

Despite the pass i understand voip now and cisco best practices for QoS now i want to implement it, So on to the CCDP,...and NP

kenny.
There is no better than adversity, every defeat, every loss, every heartbreak contains its seed. Its own lesson on how to improve on your performance the next time.

Comments

• dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!

I have heard the cert guide is not very good for the CCDA. If you move on to the professional level certs I'd suggest to use both the study and cert guides for those also. Good luck on your future endevours!!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Nice one Kenny!!! Congrats :D
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey congrats dude! :Dicon_wink.gif Good luck with the DP/NP
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Passed Citrix-CCA on the 18th and passed the CCDA on the 20th. Sounds pretty crazy. How are you doing it?
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • CGN_SpecCGN_Spec Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations
  • ErehwonErehwon Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

I have heard the cert guide is not very good for the CCDA. If you move on to the professional level certs I'd suggest to use both the study and cert guides for those also. Good luck on your future endevours!!

New user here, and I totally agree..the Cert Guide by Bruno and Jordan is not the best to use. I've attemtped the test once, and am going for it again on the 24th. I just purchased the Tearle book and hope to have a better understanding. My biggest gripe is the book seems to assume you know a lot already about acronyms (and what the mean) before jumping right into the how's and whys they do what they do. Also the book seems to jump around from topic to topic. For example one of the biggest gripes I have are the standard , How many calls can be placed given X Y Z (codecs, compression, bit rates etc). Well (hoping I didn't miss it) there's not one place in the Study Guide that actually says, to figure out how mancy calls can be placed on a line take the bandwidth divided by the bit rate bla bla bla. I'm still having trouble getting a firm understanding of how to figure that out.

In short I'm hoping that Diane's book will shed some light on areas that are lacking for me before I retake the test on the 24th. Glad to be here! icon_lol.gif
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Would it be dumb to take the CCDA after the BSCI? It would be a deviation from my current track (CCNP). I feel I shoud go for a design exam anyway. I'm currently working on BCMSN.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • romainromain Member Posts: 222
    Congratulations !

Good luck for your NP track ;)
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! Good luck on the CCNP/CCDP path. . . you know, once you sober up from celebrating. drunken_smilie.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Project2501Project2501 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's great to hear. They say 3rd time lucky and looks like it was hard work more than luck.

Congratulations.
    - Pete
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats man, well done
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking