70-298

Irish ManIrish Man Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
Sorry is this has already been asked but here goes anyway...

So how many testlets can I expect to see on the 70-298 exam and how many questios per testlet ?

Are these testlets limited by time ? How much time do I have for the overall exam ?

Cheers
Colin

Comments

• LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'd like to know the answer to this one as well - but I'm pretty sure it's all random chief.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I haven't taken this one yet, but all the design exams are pretty much the same, each testlet is timed individually.

The Exchange exam had 6 I think, the security exam will probably be similar.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Irish ManIrish Man Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well I took this exam last week and scored a 900. I had a total of 5 testlets and all were timed individually. I had more than enough time, some were timed at 15 mins each and others that were 30 mins.

Over all had more than enough time.

Now I need to determine my elective ....hmmmmmmm No Ideas yet....
  • famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    Security+ for the elective since you did well in the Security Design exam.
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)
  • LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    famosbrown wrote:
    Security+ for the elective since you did well in the Security Design exam.

I'd agree, Security+ would be a good choice.
  • Irish ManIrish Man Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes I am thinking along the lines of Security +, just wondering where I can find some good reading material ? Anyone have any book recommendations for this exam ?

Cheers
    Col
  • famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    I took a Microsoft Course for Security+...MOC 2810. I also used Measure Up and the practice questions from this site.
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)
  • maxhavocmaxhavoc Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you're going for MCSE: Security then you need two electives on top of 70-298. I just passed 70-298 today and I already have my Security+. I plan to take 70-299 as the other security elective.

The Sybex book for Security+ is excellent. I used only that book to study and I got an 885/900. It's an awesome book.
  • msnelgrovemsnelgrove Member Posts: 167
    I agree, the sybex (3rd edition) book is an excellent resource for security+