642-901

bowlerspbowlersp Inactive Imported Users Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
ok, i don't know why i am having trouble finding this. does anyone know what the passing score for the bsci exam is? thanks
**studying for my JNCIS-ER and BSCI**

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    From Cisco Online Certification Support
    As a matter of policy Cisco Systems, Inc. does not disclose the content of our certification exams. This includes exam pass marks, the exact number of questions on each exam, as well as the number of each type of question a candidate will see during their exam.

:mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • bowlerspbowlersp Inactive Imported Users Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    wow, that is pretty homo. so now they don't even disclose the passing mark. all i have to say is wow.
    ok, well lets do it this way then. for all those who have taken the bsci 642-901 exam, please post your score, passing or failing. then i can isolate down to the passing mark.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    bowlersp wrote:
    ok, well lets do it this way then. for all those who have taken the bsci 642-901 exam, please post your score, passing or failing. then i can isolate down to the passing mark.

Or you could just ensure you know all the information and you will pass no matter the mark :D

Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Steve10393Steve10393 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    They tell you the pass at the end of the exam, last test I took was ONT, pass was 790 or something, got 922. I think they just won't say an exact pass ahead of time because of the experiment questions(the questions that don't count). I didn't do so hot on BCMSN with an 840ish score but passed that.
    nice, thank you all for your replies. I might have to buy some ccnp books this christmas!!
  • techster79techster79 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sounds like that is lower than the CCNA, maybe they know the CCNP tests are brutal. I wonder what the CCIE written passing score is...I know the NDA prohibits knowing.
    Studying for MCSE: Server Infrastructure (70-414 left)
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    techster79 wrote:
    Sounds like that is lower than the CCNA, maybe they know the CCNP tests are brutal. I wonder what the CCIE written passing score is...I know the NDA prohibits knowing.

It would depend on which CCIE track also, but the written exam is the easy part, and only qualifies you for the lab which is the real test.

As far as the NDA and the passing scores, Cisco isn't going to publish that just like a company isn't going to publish everyone's salary. It would lead to people thinking they got a "harder" exam while someone else got an "easier" exam if their cut score was higher or lower than the published cut score. In the past year I have seen numerous people take CCNP exams, for each given exam the pass score and the number of questions were the same.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • r_durantr_durant Member Posts: 486 ■■■□□□□□□□
    But how much does knowing the passing score matter, really? I mean, it's not like you know what each question is worth so that you can guage yourself as you go along...since (i think) some questions are worth more than others and from what i've heard, some questions carry no mark at all...
    CCNA (Expired...), MCSE, CWNA, BSc Computer Science
    Working on renewing CCNA!
  • techster79techster79 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I guess its more of a psychological thing. Like the Microsoft tests that have a passing score of 700 out of 1000. There is more wiggle room, and would seem to be less stressful than needing a 850 or 900 to pass out of 1000 total.
    Studying for MCSE: Server Infrastructure (70-414 left)