Options

Passed this morning

miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
I decided to take this exam after recently passing the CCNA. I purchased the exam kit off of Amazon that was published in April 2007 and studied for two weeks straight. The books that were published in April stated Covers 2005 exam. I took the 2007 exam today (WTF) and it was a struggle. I did pass, but I definitely had not studied the material that was on the test that I was given. Happy to have it completed.
I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
Page Count total to date - 1283

Comments

• Options
    RevenueRevenue Member Posts: 130
  • Options
    leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    congrats
    Dustin Leefers
  • Options
    cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    Well Done!

Good luck in the future!
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • Options
    KuifmanKuifman Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    miller811 wrote:
    I decided to take this exam after recently passing the CCNA. I purchased the exam kit off of Amazon that was published in April 2007 and studied for two weeks straight. The books that were published in April stated Covers 2005 exam. I took the 2007 exam today (WTF) and it was a struggle. I did pass, but I definitely had not studied the material that was on the test that I was given. Happy to have it completed.
    Concrats.I am studying for the exam any tips. Where can i find some practice exams or previous exams.
  • Options
    [quote="Kuifman I am studying for the exam any tips. Where can i find some practice exams or previous exams.[/quote]
    I really do not know where to get the new material, but I can tell you the material I had purchased did not prepare me for the test.

I purchased the Sybex Comptia Network + Certification Kit which included a Network + Study guide Fourth edition, A Network + fast pass book and a Network Administrator Street Smarts book. The books were very good and mulitple test questions included, approx 450 between the two, plus approx 350 flash card questions. I used that material, the material on this site, pratices tests on this site and others, etc....

I knew the material backwards and forwards and had every expectation of a score of 850 or better.

Too bad somehow they had revised the test and I was not aware of the change.

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    congratulations
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

The CCNA helped with this exam, right? :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congrats on the pass. What's next for you?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Slowhand wrote:
    Congrats on the pass. What's next for you?

Thanks.

I am actually working backwards on certifications at this point. I have plenty of field experience but had no degree or certifications.
    PAssed CCNA(30 day study window), passed NET +(14 day study window), I have purchased the material for A+ and will complete that before continuing on the Cisco track. I figured it would round out my skills.

I am thinking of getting the CCNP, but have not fully decided at this point.

Yes the CCNA skills helped me pass the Network +, but like I said they must of recently changed the test.
    I was on their site (Comp TIA) and pulled up the NET + exam which is now called (2007) and checked for learning material, all material is listed at 2005..

Happy I passed, all I was thinking was if I fail this test, I do not plan on paying a $232 to try it again.

• Options
    EmpathyEmpathy Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! I'm taking the reverse path to yours... just passed Net+, moving on to CCNA.
  • Options
    bgrosubgrosu Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    good luck and well done.......
    Developers Place
    http://www.webdotdev.com
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    You and I just had the exact same experience then. The 2007 test is left field from whats in the study materials. It's a shame.