Can I get a critique here too?

Career Objective

To obtain a challenging IT position that utilizes my experience and knowledge.

Professional Summary

Technical support person with over 9 years of IT experience including experience in the areas of LAN, support, wireless telephony, e-mail and security. Skilled in implementing technology to support large user groups, supporting users at corporate headquarters as well as multiple remote locations.

Experience

Network Analyst, 4/03 – Present.
• Network administration of Novell Netware 5.1/ Microsoft 2003 domain network. Responsible for scheduling and running of daily server backups.
• Support local and remote users of Windows XP and Microsoft Office.
• Setup new or existing pc’s, perform upgrades to hardware and software, create and maintain email accounts. Primary support contact for hosted email system using split-domain routing.
• Support windows and web-based based accounting programs. Perform report writing from Microsoft SQL database using report scripts and Crystal Reports 9.

Selected Accomplishments

LAN
• Involved in day-to-day operation of Novell/Microsoft 2003 domain network in addition to migration project to all IP network.
• Network monitoring of corporate LAN as well as remote sites, troubleshoot connectivity between corporate LAN workstations and HP Procurve switch.
• Troubleshoot, maintain and update remote site routers ensuring internet connectivity.

Support
• Formed a centralized help desk for coordination of support for web-based accounting program. Utilized Numara Track-IT! software for call tracking and knowledgebase.
• Create and manage standard desktop images for employees based on job function using Symantec Ghost software.

Wireless Telephony
• Responsible for implementation and support of Palm Treo 650’s and Motorola Q’s.

PC Technician, 3/01 – 4/03.
• Performed second level support for ##### #### Corporation, provide hands on as well as remote support for customers using IBM desktop and laptops pc's running Windows NT 4.0, 98, and 95.
• Performed software integration for Data Warehouse project rollout.

Help Desk Technician, 1/00 – 03/01.
• Support end users with pc and mainframe terminal problems. Assist with connectivity, printing and applications over the phone.
• Performed network administration tasks as needed.
• Position was a continuation of Help Desk Analyst position.

Help Desk Analyst, 10/98 – 1/00.
• Support end users with pc and mainframe terminal problems. Assist with connectivity, printing and applications over the phone.
• Performed network administration tasks as needed.

POS Support, 6/97 – 10/98.
• Provided support for point-of-sale and retail software products.
• Support included software concepts, printing problems, network connection problems and hardware support.

Technical Skills
• Operating Systems: Windows 98, NT, 2000, XP, and Novell 4.X, 5.X; familiarity with Linux, Unix.
• Applications: Microsoft Office Suite (97, 2000, 2003) – Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint. Lotus Notes. Symantec PCAnywhere, Ghost.
• Hardware: HP servers and desktops, IBM and Toshiba Laptops, building custom PC’s, Cisco 3640, 3660 routers and 2950 switch, HP Procurve 4108 switch, HP laserjet printers.

Education/Training
• Bachelor of Science - Liberal Studies with concentration in Business.
• Microsoft.
MCP, Windows 2000. Windows 2000 Professional. 2003.
MCSE, Windows NT version 4.0. 2001. Core requirements plus TCP/IP and Proxy Server 2.0.
• Computing Technology Industry Association.
Certified A+ Technician. 1999.
• Cisco.
CCNA - Cisco Certified Network Administrator. 2007.

Comments

• Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Looks good, blows mine away. I have a few things you might want to add.

For your backups do you use symatec/vertias or Acronis? Might be helpful to say what backup system you use. You say you support remote users, do you support VPN and certificates, that might also be helpful to say, I would certainly say that you support a VPN client of office.

If you are confortable in Crystal Reports (business objects) you might want to mention that, I would also call it by both names Crystal Reports/Business Object. Our HR department no longer searches resumes by "Crystal reports" anymore. If you don't have Business Objects on your resume you might get past by.

Work with Blackberry at all? Another great reusme buzz word.

Anyway man, I am impressed. I'd hire you!
    -Daniel
  • Steve10393Steve10393 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A in CCNA is associate not administrator, right?
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Steve10393 wrote:
    A in CCNA is associate not administrator, right?

You will probably want to get this right on your resume!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Might want to list company names you worked for as well.

Cheers,
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • MikdillyMikdilly Member Posts: 309
    Thanks for the replies, i corrected the administrator mistake, thanks to those that pointed it out and the other things i forgot like backup system and blackberry support. I kept the company names out to keep it somewhat anonymous, they're on the actual resume.
    One question, if your aim is to get an entry-level networking position should I change the career objective to that or leave it as is?
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Roll your whole selected accomplishments section into your experience and skills. Layout should look like this. Although I kind of like the summary, I've never seen one in a resume. You might want to just put your years of experience by your experience title. "Experience - 9 years"

Title/address/contact

Objective

Experience

Skills

Education

Your objective should be more about what you really are trying to accomplish by being in IT. "I want to succeed in IT networking and grow into my field with education and experience" kind of sentence.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • stevchastevcha Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    In your summary you might want to add your strengths as well. An example would be strong analytical skills and problem solving. Just my .02
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You might want to clean up your current job position description because you should tell them your accomplishment while on the job. What software are you using on monitoring network (specific), ghosting and helpdesk system are a standard job descirption, not need to specific until you are specific responsible for the module. What implmentation and support on PDA and motorola, be specific? I might know, but some HR don't know about it. All they know is Blackberry. U know

day-to-day = don't mean anything. It is your F/T job, of course it is a day-2-day.
    Implementing and migration Novell to Windows 2003 is a big project. You can specific more.

I can see all your previous job are related to helpdesk and PC Technician role. Therefore I will recommend you to emphasize what you learned and used on your Network Analyst role.

Good Luck
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn