Options

N+ study materials - opinion

brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
I am preparing hard for the N+ with Mike Meyers' Passport and Exam Cram 2 (2005 - full guide +test question companion).

I just downloaded the technotes ive read about here.

From those of you that have taken the test recently, is that enough to pass on the first go? I have a couple of years general troubleshooting knowledge.

Do any of you have suggested study materials that are reasonably priced (under $60) that really helped you?

Comments

• Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    I took the test today and it is my opinion that they have upgraded the test.
    The test is now called Network + 2007.
    The material I used to study stated it covered 2005 exam.
    The material I purchased was published in April of 2007
    Sybex - Comptia Network + Certification Kit off of Amazon about $67.00
    I was very confident going into the test.
    I did pass, the exam, but feel it was from the job experience and recent CCNA exam.
    There were multiple questions I was not prepared for, and believe me if it was in the material I purchased, I would have remembered it.

I checked the internet today, and Amazon, Comptia, and do not see any info on the 2007 study material.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I would highly recommend the PDF found here...which you already have.
    Meyers and/or Sybex.

Personally, I would recommend that you consider used books if you are limiting yourself to $60. Keep in mind, that you are investing in your education and $60 doesn't buy you a credit hour at a State University any longer....so don't limit yourself in your career.

Some libraries will carry current study prep materials, so inquire there as well.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Plantwiz wrote:
    I would highly recommend the PDF found here...which you already have.
    Meyers and/or Sybex.

Personally, I would recommend that you consider used books if you are limiting yourself to $60. Keep in mind, that you are investing in your education and $60 doesn't buy you a credit hour at a State University any longer....so don't limit yourself in your career.

Some libraries will carry current study prep materials, so inquire there as well.

No offense Plant, but the PDF on this site does not come close to the material on the current test in my opinion. I took the test yesterday, using the PDF on this site, plus the most current Sybex books, and I was not prepared for the material on the current test.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283