Network + going byebye?!? [no]

bowlerspbowlersp Inactive Imported Users Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
I heard that the network+ is being discontinued soon. anybody else hear about this too, or did i hear some bogus info.
**studying for my JNCIS-ER and BSCI**

Comments

• edelossantosedelossantos Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Where do you got your informations, do you have any links/sites that can attest that???
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I don't see anything about discontinuing the exam on CompTIA's website, so you probably just heard a rumor.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    i-Net+ is being retired at the end of the year. Network+ is not being discontinued.
    If you are certified i-Net+, it will still be a valid cert. They are not making the exam available after ther first of the year. icon_cool.gif
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    bowlersp wrote:
    I heard that the network+ is being discontinued soon. anybody else hear about this too, or did i hear some bogus info.

Before posting something like this in the future, please add your source too.

And as already noted, iNet+ is retiring, not NET+.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • bowlerspbowlersp Inactive Imported Users Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sorry, source was a co-worker. won't happen again!!
    **studying for my JNCIS-ER and BSCI**
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    bowlersp wrote:
    sorry, source was a co-worker. won't happen again!!

When you have some co-worker blabin something you'd like to clarify...go ahead and state that initially. I worked a few different places over the years and sometime co-workers are complete morons and some simply talk to talk. Thank goodness it's not like that for me now.

That way your initial post was written it was like you read/had first-hand info not merely a conversation.

No biggie, it just helps keep the 'panic' level down if we have an idea of the origin of the question. :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?