Options

Cry:(

halflife78halflife78 Member Posts: 122
I come into work today to find that our billing server has crashed. Well, I get on the phone with my boss and he tells me to pull the backup for 4 days ago for some reason. Well, it just so happens I haven't change the freaking backup tape since last Wednesday, it's the one thing I have a habit of forgetting to do. So after I tell him that I find out we can't do a full recovery like needed. After everything is done I get called into my Site VP's office and she tells me I am terminated effective immediate for failure to provide reliable backups. Apparently we lost over $250k in billing because of me not changing the tapes. So now I have no job CRY, and their are no computer jobs in my immediate area icon_pale.gif

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    icon_cry.gif
    ...unless it's some cheap afd trick. and that's still outrageous. don't they give people second chances. GOD!
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    Carson_MageCarson_Mage Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You're lucky they're not suing you.
  • Options
    APRIL FOOLS BAHAHAHAHAHAH icon_twisted.gif

Lol the jokes are running wild at our job right now, so far today our systems administrator has quit, we needed to move 300 systems to the other side of the building in 3 hours, and I changed the names of all phones in the building. Sorry guys I couldn't help but get you all for a second also:)
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Sometimes April Fool's tricks can be damaging. Like.... make sure you don't call up mom while she's on the freeway and tell her dad fell of a 16 story building and is now in the local morgue......

You fake a death... you'll probably get a real one.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    TempestmsTempestms Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Heh, well my SCSI card died at my job site, so we haven't had a backup of ANYTHING in months... looking to replace it with a NAS. God I hope nothing happens from now untill the time the NAS is shipped in.
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Your backups must not be very important if your SCSI card died and it's literally been months since you've made a backup.
  • Options
    rofl, I have been really busy today so I wasn't paying much attention to who started this post (that would be me). I started reading my own first post and was like "omg the poor guy" then realized I was the one who wrote it for an April fools joke lol.