Options

Both exams at once?

147147 Member Posts: 117
I have been studying for the A+ for about four weeks now, and I'm figuring on about another week to ten days before I take the Essentials. Between the objectives and several posts on this site it looks like the Essentials and 602 overlap a lot of information.

How likely is it to take both tests back-to-back and pass them? If I schedule tihs, am I biting off too much?

Thanks-
Fear is the absence of Faith.

Comments

• Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    I took them both over a 3 day period...but i prepared that way. While i was taking the second exam, i was like...this stuff is so left field i could have taken these a week ago because no amount of studying would have prepared me for some of those questions.
  • Options
    freetechfreetech Member Posts: 154
    Obviously, it depends on how prepared you are.
    I've seen them passed the same day, but I wouldn't recomend it. I took them a month apart.
    Whatever you choose, Good Luck!
    Experience is a harsh teacher. She gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    147 wrote:
    I have been studying for the A+ for about four weeks now, and I'm figuring on about another week to ten days before I take the Essentials. Between the objectives and several posts on this site it looks like the Essentials and 602 overlap a lot of information.

How likely is it to take both tests back-to-back and pass them? If I schedule tihs, am I biting off too much?

Thanks-

I took mine together (and passed), a few others here also took them the same day. I recommend it! However, more people here DO NOT recommend it. My reasons are that in the field you work with the parts together and separating them out is nice to highlight during preparation, but the reality is...if you don't know how hardware and software work together, it can make troubleshooting a nightmare.

Others comment that it is best to concentrate on one exam and then the other.

The choice is ultimately yours. I do not know you nor how you work and understand the material. If you feel you've properly prepared, then you can probably do this. If you hesitate, there isn't a problem just scheduling the exams a day to a week apart.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    I took them both the same day, back to back... but that was in the year 2000... I think it took a total of 20 minutes :D
    Dustin Leefers
  • Options
    LiatiLiati Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took both exams in one sitting as well. However, I would consider myself fairly well accustomed to multiple choice tests. I've both passed and (unfortunately) failed enough of them to consider it standard fare.

I would suggest taking them both at once simply out of convenience. If you are a perfectionist you might not like the feeling of leaving it half-done until later. Also, you get that nice feeling of accomplishment knowing you are done with it. Leaving it half-done for a while could make it feel like you are stretching out the length of the test, which might make you more nervous. But, I'm not a psychologist, so, who knows, really.

I think most of the authors of study guides I read also suggested taking them both at once. Sorry I don't have a source to cite on that, but I know I read it somewhere...

Bottom line, if you are well-prepared, I don't think it will matter either way.
  • Options
    147147 Member Posts: 117
    I appreciate everyone's input on this. I feel like I'm very well prepared. I've passed all of the practice exams I've taken online with 80% or better on the first try. Also, most of the material I'm studying seems to be refresher for what I already know, with a few exceptions here and there.

I've basically been studying everything all at once as it is, so I figured that taking the tests together would just be more convenient.

I'm calling the center and scheduling them for Friday morning. I'll be sure and post again with how I did.

Thanks again
    Fear is the absence of Faith.