Needing advice for studying and passing 70-536

SamnangSamnang Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I've have been working with .Net Framework since .net 1.1. I plan to take MCTS 70-536 next month. I'm just reading with MCTS 70-536 Self-Paced Kit, but I can't catch all of chapters? Could you give me some advice and resource for passing this exam?

Cheers,
Samnang

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,025 Admin
    First of all, 70-536 is a .NET 2.0 exam. You should have at least a solid year of experience working with the .NET 2.0 Framework. Next, you should be able to code and explain each of the objectives of the 70-536 exam. No single book has all of the topics covered, so you'll need to do some extra research on your own. Finally, understand the basic of object-oriented programming and be able to describe when and why various aspects of OOP are used (e.g., constructors/destructors/finalizers, overloading operators, abstract classes versus interfaces, etc.).
  • SamnangSamnang Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sure, I've have experience with .Net 2.0 for one year. I completely understand the concept about object oriented programming in .Net. I can explain the most of the objective in exam 70-536, but I can't understand all of them. Do you have some advice and resources for how to study and take this exam?

Cheers,
    Samnang
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,025 Admin
    The style of questions on Microsoft programming exams requires that you memorize the names and relationships of classes, methods, properties, events, etc. I would make sure that you are familiar with all of the .NET Framework classes associated with each 70-536 objective and what methods and data types are used to perform what operations.

For example, if an exam question asked you how to create an application domain with a setup object, would you know the names of the classes, methods, and data types of the code that you needed to write? Most programmers rely on documentation, code samples, or Intellisense to figure out the classes and member they need for any given task. For the exam, you will need to have all of this information memorized.