Options

Help Switch redundant power supply failed

TechStrikerTechStriker Member Posts: 131
I am using the Network Assistant software to monitor my switches i have 48 switches in total and one of my switch which is a 2950 with 48 port began to show the following error message:

"3-Error, switch redundant power supply failed"

Can any one please tell me if I need to do any thing to get rid of this message? Are these switches have internal redundant power supply, if yes what do I do next? The Switch is connected to the mains directly now, i am not using any external redundant power supplies

thanks in advance
Passed SNIA - SCSP
Working on VCP4

Comments

• Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I am using the Network Assistant software to monitor my switches i have 48 switches in total and one of my switch which is a 2950 with 48 port began to show the following error message:

"3-Error, switch redundant power supply failed"

Can any one please tell me if I need to do any thing to get rid of this message? Are these switches have internal redundant power supply, if yes what do I do next? The Switch is connected to the mains directly now, i am not using any external redundant power supplies

thanks in advance

I beleive the 2950 switches come with a redundant power supply expansion module iirc. Did you have two power inputs on the switch? If so one of them is more than likely the redundant power supply module, in which case this may return a SNMP trap for its failure. I would check this out and in this case it may need replacing...I guess r-power can still be useful for edge switches anyhow.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    TechStrikerTechStriker Member Posts: 131
    Thanks for your reply Pash,
    I only used one power input, the switch has only one power input, that is what confused me!
    Passed SNIA - SCSP
    Working on VCP4