70-220 in da bag!!

Well folks, i have to say this is probably the most time consuming, but easiest microsoft test i have attempted.. 4 Case study's and 40 Questions. The interface for this test blows... You cant do case study's individually, you have to just go through each one to get to the next one, so i suggest you complete each one fully, before continuing on to the next one. The numbering system is kinda screwey too. They say there are 48 items. but you only have 40 questions.. so you cant tell were you are in each scenario. Oh yeah, the drag and drop and connect questions are lame. they get all jumbled up and you cant tell what you have connected or what you have not.. Alot of RRAS, VPN, group policy and some managment type stuff. I scored a 865 out of 1000, The minimum is 675. you are alotted 3.5 hours total for the test. Also only one questioneer at the beginning of the Test. I liked it cause it told me i passed immediatly.

Next on to 70-214, then on to redo my SEC+ (mumbles dirty words)
Xinxing is the hairy one.

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations!

Seems like a lot of people are unhappy with the new MS exam engine...
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congratulations!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • mikiemovmikiemov Member Posts: 182
    Congratulations.....
    A woman drove me to drink, and I didnt have the decency to thank her.
  • pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    Thanks all.. As a gift to myself i bought myself a cisco book.. Cant wait to check it out..
  • mikiemovmikiemov Member Posts: 182
    oooh..Id love to see what you buy yourself when you really want to spoil yourself !!! icon_wink.gif
    A woman drove me to drink, and I didnt have the decency to thank her.
  • JOblessELementJOblessELement Member Posts: 134
    Congrats!

Like most 'normal' people, you chose to gift yourself quite rightly!

:P
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Congratulations pandimus!
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • pmannpmann Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck on the next one.

Since your at Edwards AFB (and if you dont mind me asking) are you pursuing your certs for your career in the USAF? or are you training for something new when your service is up?

Just wondered whether the USAF finances passing-out studies (the same way as the Navy does).
    Unfortunatly, i currently work on B-52's.. I hate planes!!!! I would like to work on computers and routers.. Anyway, The airforce dont pay anything except my wage. Gi bill on the other hand takes care of my cert tests. Anyway, my seperation date is 29apr04.. Sooooon.. So i am trying to finish these certs and get a job.. I know it looks slim. I have a buddy who might be able to help me out pretty soon. But only time will help
  • blackguymdblackguymd Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    :D

Congrats Man. Im currently taking a course that is for the exam you just passed. I will have to give you a standing ovation if you are using the MS press book and passed this exam. Its one of the worst textbooks/exam guides I have ever seen.

Anyway thats an opinion. Congrats on your pass!!
    yup used MS press.. Matter of fact, ive used Mspress for every MS exam i have ever taken. I am studying for the 214 right now, and i am using syngress. To be honest. I think ms is dry as hell, but it covers all topics pretty good.

Good luck on this test.. It's not hard.. just need to know what tech to use in what situation.
  • lsealslseals Member Posts: 240
    Congrats
    24 Hours in a day...24 Beers in a case...Coincidence?
  • LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    Congrats pandimus and good luck with 214. I've been discharged from active duty army for about 1.5yrs now and the best advice I can give you is start putting your resumes out right now!!!!! Most employers won't wanna talk to you until you get out, but start now and you'll be MUCH better off.
  • Homer SimpsonHomer Simpson Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Pandimus- good job at getting focused on what really matters. Some jobs can be very rewarding but they will eventually come to an end and you'll have to have skills to go on. I too am in the USAF, a 1C471 with tons of wireless/radio skills and have always had the ability to learn. You mentioned about finances and the GI bill. Did you know that the VA will reimburse you for the exams you've taken? Passed or failed they will pony up. They won't cover the test prep materials. Go to va.gov and look around or call me at DSN 424-1773 and I'll get you there. Worth looking into and might get a couple of thousand back.

Homer
    Hey man the VA owes me 1600 bux.. since dec.. Ive called them once a week to get them in gear.. Aint happenin..

Wish i had your career field. I am coming short and aint got a job.. YOu see, my career field is planes, but i like computers.
  • Homer SimpsonHomer Simpson Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I know the VA is a mess of paperwork. The government at its finest.
    Have you already applied for the cash back?

I don't work on the planes, I just guide them in so they can drop the bombs.

Homer
    Yeah.. I sent in all the results and a request paper.. SEveral times.. Just waiting.. and waiting.....

Yeah I work on bombers.. B-52's.. @ Edwards.. But i want out.. Been in 9... Unless something pops up in the next month. I'm gonna have to reup.. I dont wanna do that..
  • skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    pandimus wrote:
    yTo be honest. I think ms is dry as love, but it covers all topics pretty good.

Yah, most of the ms press books...zzzz.

The MCDST 271 book is alright, and written pretty well so far.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber