Question about ATM/OC3MM

yukkyyukky Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello, first post here!

I'm working on my CCNA, and buying new hardware is addicting! I'm scouring the auctions daily for good deals/equipment I wish I could buy if I had money :D

I happened to pick up two routers that have an NM-1A-OC3MM. I've briefly read some short documentation on it, but is there anything I can do with them? Will they come in handy during studying for CCNA/CCNP/CCIE/??

1-port ATM OC-3 network module with multimode fiber
NM-1A-OC3.jpg

edit: image/description added.
Buying hardware for a home lab is addicting-- (Need.. more.. toys...) **(need.. more.. money)

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    yukky wrote:
    Will they come in handy during studying for CCNA/CCNP/CCIE/??
    You might be able to use them for CCIE Service Provider Practice Labs. I think ATM was dropped from the CCIE R&S Lab in Jan 2006.

While LS1010s have dropped like a rock in price, the NM-1A-OC3MM has only dropped about 1/2 of what the cheapest were going for a year ago.

No use for the CCNA or CCNP.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • yukkyyukky Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the quick response!

I did a search for LS1010, since I didn't know what it was... I came across a lot of ancient looking pictures! http://www.iihe.ac.be/newsletter/newsletter16/ascom.jpg I guess the cards will just be used to fill the module slots.

I noticed I've also got an NM-1CT1 (1-Port Channelized T1/ISDN-PRI Network Module). Could you tell me what this is for and if I will be able to use it for anything? It has a port labelled CTRLR0 on it.

nm-1ct1_200.jpg
    Buying hardware for a home lab is addicting-- (Need.. more.. toys...) **(need.. more.. money)
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    yukky wrote:
    Thanks for the quick response!

I did a search for LS1010, since I didn't know what it was... I came across a lot of ancient looking pictures! http://www.iihe.ac.be/newsletter/newsletter16/ascom.jpg I guess the cards will just be used to fill the module slots.

I noticed I've also got an NM-1CT1 (1-Port Channelized T1/ISDN-PRI Network Module). Could you tell me what this is for and if I will be able to use it for anything? It has a port labelled CTRLR0 on it.

The NM-1CT1 will work as an ISDN PRI interface, not of much use anymorefor CCNP but it was on the old CCNP exam.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The LS1010 is an ATM switch based on the old 5505 Chassis. They're not that old. icon_eek.gif

Looks like 2nd one down from the top on the left and 2nd from the bottom on the right.... er, or so I've heard....

But I don't remember laptops being that clunky back then.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!