Options

Passed 70-431

BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed the 70-431 exam yesterday...very pleased with myself :D

I used a ton of resources to learn the material, but the top 3 would have to be:
1) MSPress book - excellent resource (minus the chapter on XML, which is overkill for the exam)
2) CBTNuggets - instructor does an excellent job presenting the material and covering most of the objectives
3) Hands-on usage of SQL Server 2005. There are over 10 simulations in this exam (at least there was for me), so you must be very familiar with SQL Server features. Also be comfortable reading SQL syntax/queries, views, stored procedures, etc.

Studied for this one like a madman, and right now I need a break from certs. Time to enjoy Thanksgiving and the holidays that are soon to follow!
MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)

Comments

• Options
    sinistamunkeysinistamunkey Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations dude :) I hope to get mine booked for January.

Have you decided which path to take?
    Just because you can... doesn't mean you should.

Next: 70-536 and then THE WORLD!
  • Options
    Thanks sinistamunkey...good luck on the exam when you take it :D

Not sure what you mean by "have you decided which path to take"...
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    sinistamunkeysinistamunkey Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry, I meant if you are taking the DBA, Designer or the other one which I can't remember at the moment icon_redface.gif:)
    Just because you can... doesn't mean you should.

Next: 70-536 and then THE WORLD!
  • Options
    I think that's it for my SQL Server certifications...for my job role, a deeper understanding isn't really necessary. I may go after Oracle sometime down the road, but for now, I won't be pursuing anymore certifications until I have more experience and have a better idea of what certs will be most beneficial for my career.
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats!!! enjoy the holidays I'm ready to relax for a little bit as well after the ccna, 70-270, and finishing my degree!