Bill Gates wish

ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
Best & Worst: Bill Gates wishes he wasn't richest man; do you wish it, too?

http://www.bloggingstocks.com/2006/12/08/best-and-worst-bill-gates-wishes-he-wasnt-richest-man-do-you-wi/

since a lot of us have already cast their christmas wish now lets have a look and share our views about Bill Gates wish.

IMO if donating to charities will not suffice to lessen his money. why not just pay give the microsoft exams for free. icon_lol.gif
No Sacrifice, No Victory.

Comments

• SchluepSchluep Member Posts: 346
    I saw an interview with Bill Gates on MSNBC (forget the guy's name who was interviewing him) last year when I was in a hotel and too tired to work anymore. I was highly impressed with many of the statements he made in that interview and it was refreshing to see what seemed to be an honest and humble person talk about some of his visions for the future of technology, for the U.S., and for the world.

He has done incredible things economically for thousands of people in the U.S. and even across the world. The great thing about capitilism is that the more people who are able to recieve a product or service they find beneficial the more money you will make as a company/individual. The greater your value is to others around you the greater your wealth can be.

Despite all the talk of him being the richest man over the years, he actually has a very modest salary considering what he has done. Most of his wealth is tied up in Microsoft stock (and even a lot of that has been sold to benefit charitable and scientific causes).

While a lot of people all over the internet enjoy bashing Microsoft and Bill Gates, he really has had an incredible positive impact on those around him.

As for the cost of certifications, people will pay for them based upon their value. The Microsoft certifications seem to be very reasonably priced considering their value and recognition. I don't know what the current numbers are, but I remember reading in 2002 that approximately 1 million people worldwide held one of the various Microsoft certifications. In 2004 that number had rose to approximately 1.5 million if I remember correctly. For the number to rise that much at a time when a lot of people were getting out of IT and Software speaks clearly as to the value of the certifications to individuals/companies. If there is no cost for the certifications, there is likely not going to be money spent on increasing the value of the certifications, improving the exams, adding new exams, and trying to prevent information from the exam from ending up on **** sites.
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Isn't that somethin
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Bill Gates wishes he wasn't richest man

If Bill Gates wants to unload some of that money I would be willing to take of it off his hands. icon_lol.gif
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506

Most of us do not need to wish it, we're already NOT the richest man.....
    Jack of all trades, master of none

Most of us do not need to wish it, we're already NOT the richest man.....

Hmm, unless someone here is really Bill Gates in disguise. Gonna have to see who has the most MS certs later today icon_lol.gif.
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Thats great Bill is Rich but I just wonder if he truly started his foundation from honesty..with the initial start of his code and such.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Well, any of us can work and create something equally as big. Find a passion and work your butt off. It helps the man is pretty smart too, but it doesn't take a lot of money to get started consider this......

If a 19 year old invested $2000 in a growth-stock mutual fund earning 12%.
    Added $2000 a year into that fund each year until the age of 26 ($16000 of principal)
    By age 65 you'd have $2,288,996
    (borrowed from www.daveramsey.com FPU workbook)

That is doing nothing else.

While that's not Bill Gates money...it's heading in the correct direction!

I'm happy Bill has all he has. With that much money comes a ton of responsibility.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Plantwiz wrote:
    Well, any of us can work and create something equally as big. Find a passion and work your butt off. It helps the man is pretty smart too, but it doesn't take a lot of money to get started consider this......

If a 19 year old invested $2000 in a growth-stock mutual fund earning 12%.
    Added $2000 a year into that fund each year until the age of 26 ($16000 of principal)
    By age 65 you'd have $2,288,996
    (borrowed from www.daveramsey.com FPU workbook)

That is doing nothing else.

While that's not Bill Gates money...it's heading in the correct direction!

I'm happy Bill has all he has. With that much money comes a ton of responsibility.

Dave is a cool guy. I like listening to him. Wish I could get the FOX Business network to see him on the tube.

Dave is a cool guy. I like listening to him. Wish I could get the FOX Business network to see him on the tube.

ME TOO!!

I'm pretty bummed I don't get it either. FBN wouldn't be a channel I'd want but now I'd enjoy it ...if only an hour a day :)

I listen as often as I can! Pretty sad some days (ie. the amount of debt people have accumulated)...Always good information!

Found the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrWdr4gW_H0&feature=related
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

Plantwiz wrote:
    I listen as often as I can! Pretty sad some days (ie. the amount of debt people have accumulated)...Always good information!

Far too many people lack not only an understanding of economics and how wealth is created. Even many that do sadly lack the discipline to delay gratification and only purchase what they truly need and can truly afford (ie pay cash only without substantially hurting their savings). Most people don't have a budget and don't take responsibility for their finances (much like governments to a worse degree since it isn't their money being spent).

Not only is discipline needed in financial matters, but all aspects of life. It takes discipline to study extensively for IT certifications while supporting a family and also caring for them as well. It takes discipline to raise children. It certainly takes discipline to create wealth to be put toward good causes such as charities, fighting injustices, or creating an inheritance for future generations. For some reason, many people apply this discipline to raising their children and caring for their family, but save none for their finances. If only people realized how much of a tremendous difference avoiding debt alone can make, let alone creating substantial savings over time.

I knew a young couple with nearly $40,000 in credit card debt alone (plus school loans) when they were only 22 years old due to poor financial decisions. I don't understand why our school system (grade school and high school) does not teach economics, personal finance, and free enterprise. Perhaps it is because most of the teachers do not understand it (or don't live it if they do).
    Schluep wrote:
    Plantwiz wrote:
    ... I don't understand why our school system (grade school and high school) does not teach economics, personal finance, and free enterprise. Perhaps it is because most of the teachers do not understand it (or don't live it if they do).

I don't either. Though this is one more area that falls to the Adult in the household. This is part of the parenting responsibility and isn't the fault of gov't nor society. Without turning this into a whole credit rant...the problem begins and is fixed at 'home' or with 'self'.

My parents and Grandparents NEVER had credit cards. Everything was purchased with money that was saved. Unfortunately, they were not very savy with how to invest and let the money work for them, but their habits did provide the groundwork for me to pay for what I need and I picked up jobs very young to save for college.

What bugs me is that while I heard about the above example of tucking $2000 grand a way and letting it compound....I didn't do a good job seeking out a GOOD compounding interest rate until more recently....so I"m a bit behind in that respect. I can assure you had I seen in print the example of $2000 a year from 19-26 yrs old in a compounding investment of 10-12% or MORE...that I'd maybe made some better choices.

With the declared YOUTH on this board...I do hope many of them see this and pay close attention to just how simple it is to save a small amount of money each month....and retire with little problem.

There was a time is was normal to:
    -rent a room from a family home or a garage space (though some municipalities prohibit this today).
    -multiple people sharing living spaces
    -households wiht only 1 car (though with busy schedules and kids...it's pretty tight today to accomplish this, but I'll bet some planning and ride sharing it can work)
    -Put off college for a year or two and work...then with CASH go to school. 1. The person will be a little older and more mature. 2. Partying won't be the priority because you'll be paying with YOUR own money.
    -Used cars were normal for young people and as a second family car...not two brand new cars with huge payments and certainly not leasing cars.

Small changes over time will bring things back in line :)
    Plantwiz
    _____