Anyone know a way to get software for educational use?

/usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
I know Microsoft doesn't care, but I need a copy of Windows Server 2003 to setup labs for the MCSA. I can't really pursue this cert without it. I thought I could get a copy through my University, but they are "unsure" now. Does anyone know of anyplace that offers student discounts or anything of the like, or am I going to have to spend hundreds of dollars on the software in addition to the lab equipment, tests, and books? Thanks a lot.

Comments

• pmannpmann Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I dont know much about getting student discounts, but try a university or college bookstore.

Dont know whether it helps you but the book set - MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Core Requirements, Exams 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294 (ISBN: 0735619530) comes with a 180 day version of Windows Enterprise Server 2003 on CD.

This is around $140 (on Amazon) or around $65 for a used book set.
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Yep. I have that book --the 291, and it has an evaluation version of win2k3 with it. It should help, because it has all the features of the full version one. It is *licensed* for you to train with it. So you're allowed to install/unistall/reinstall it as many times as you wish.

2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you're in a local College you should be able to get a pretty good discount on any Microsoft software. The college where I attend night classes sells the full ver. of Office XP Pro. for $15.
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...