Options

Can you recommend a good Net + study book?

HDDanielsHDDaniels Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone. I'm new to this site. I passed both my A+ exams this summer. I'm about to start studying for my Net + certification. Can you recommend some good Net + books?

Comments

• Options
    HDDanielsHDDaniels Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I noticed on the site people are mentioning M. Myers book. I noticed two. One is a passport, and the other is an all in one exam guide.
  • Options
    redgrenredgren Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used the Mike Meyers All in One book and the TechNotes on this site and passed, I found both quite useful.
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i used the sibex book and found it covered everything very well :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    147147 Member Posts: 117
    I also used the Sybex book (4th ed) and the pdf on this site. Between the two, I passed the exam after 4 weeks of study.
    Fear is the absence of Faith.
  • Options
    supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    Network+ Study Guide: Exam N10-003, Deluxe, 2nd Edition
    David Groth
    Toby Skandier
    Todd Lammle
    William Tedder
    ISBN: 978-0-7821-4416-1
    ©2005
    560 pages
    icon_cool.gif
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • Options
    StevenFL02StevenFL02 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Exam Cram 2 from Que
  • Options
    SoulreaverSoulreaver Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i used a sybex book, and i used the technotes on this site as a summary review
  • Options
    wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    I've been using Testout for the last few weeks and and consistently getting above 90% in the sim exams. I heard from someone that they used Testout also, and found it lacking.

Does anyone else have an opinion?
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    wbosher wrote:
    I've been using Testout for the last few weeks and and consistently getting above 90% in the sim exams. I heard from someone that they used Testout also, and found it lacking.

Does anyone else have an opinion?

I took the test last week after uses the Comptia Network+ Certification Kit which included the Network+ 4th edition 2005 Exam material. The problem was, the test is now called 2007 Exam.
    I knew the material on the books I had studied, frontward and backward, (fully expecting to get an 800 or better) but they were asking questions on material I had not studied.

I did pass the exam with a 623, (not very proud of that), but had passed the CCNA three weeks earlier, and had plenty of field experience that helped me through the test.

After completing the test, I went to Comptia's website and under network+ checked the training material, and it all material referenced was for the 2005 test, even through the test is now the 2007 version.

Just me 2 cents worth.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    StevenFL02 wrote:
    Exam Cram 2 from Que

+1 :D
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    HDDaniels wrote:
    Hi everyone. I'm new to this site. I passed both my A+ exams this summer. I'm about to start studying for my Net + certification. Can you recommend some good Net + books?

Objectives from CompTIA
    PDF from TechNotes - http://www.techexams.net/technotes.php
    Meyers book
    Sybex book
    TrainSignal (for video)
    CBTNuggets (for Video)

Good Luck
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?