Options

Passed! With mixed feelings...

toddberttoddbert Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well, I passed this morning. Got a 703, not terrible but not the score I wanted. The test was much harder than the study material sample questions (TestOut) led me to believe. Definitely will be using a more diverse study method from now on. This site really helped me a lot, thanks guys.

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    First, Congratulations!

Second, the goal is to pass and it seems that you have done this so there is little to complain about. It could be a variety of factors that lead to the score you have, but without reading and memorizing questions beforehand....scores tend to be a little more reasonable.

Please don't misunderstand....there are people who study and test on a regular schedule and they tend to know their material so indepth and are in tune with the exam process they score very well.

And as the saying goes...a PASS is a PASS :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    edelossantosedelossantos Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratulation you make it. icon_bounce.gif
  • Options
    EmpathyEmpathy Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!

I know exactly how you feel... I just passed on Monday. This was my first cert exam, and I really thought I knew the material back and forth, so I was surprised when I got a 691. I came away from the experience with the same lesson (to vary my study materials even more).

But, Mr. Plantwiz is right. A PASS is a PASS!

:D
  • Options
    toddberttoddbert Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys, I know I should just be glad to pass, and I am, I was just a little confused at some of the questions that were on the test. There was one question that had no business being in the Network+ test. It was a question that should be in a MCSA/MCSE test. Has nothing to do with any of the objectives CompTIA put out. And to make it worse I searched in 3-4 other books on the Network+ curriculum and the answer was nowhere to be found. I suspected maybe there was an update to the test that those books didn't cover but the question was about Win 2K, NOT Win 2K3. Strange. I hope that kind of thing doesn't happen when I go for my Security+ in February. Wish me luck!!!
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good job first off. Network+ gets a rep for being a half way point for CCNA and I DO NOT AGREE. Comptia N+ is a tough test for someone who didnt just memorize answers all day out of an exam cram book.

Working on exerience and one book, you are likely to get in the 700's.

Comptia expects A LOT and some of it's questions are quite random. Things you would expect find on a MCSA/E or LPIC-X test. While some important fundamentals are skipped over and then some fundamentals hammered on.

Take the win and move on man. May I ask, why Security+? Why not MCSA? CCNA? Or a Linux cert?
    -Daniel
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    toddbert wrote:
    Thanks guys, I know I should just be glad to pass, and I am, I was just a little confused at some of the questions that were on the test. There was one question that had no business being in the Network+ test. It was a question that should be in a MCSA/MCSE test. Has nothing to do with any of the objectives CompTIA put out. And to make it worse I searched in 3-4 other books on the Network+ curriculum and the answer was nowhere to be found. I suspected maybe there was an update to the test that those books didn't cover but the question was about Win 2K, NOT Win 2K3. Strange. I hope that kind of thing doesn't happen when I go for my Security+ in February. Wish me luck!!!

In the begining of the test it stated some of questions would have no point values assigned to them. Not sure if they are sampling people's knowledge or trying to rattle the test taker.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    miller811 wrote:
    In the begining of the test it stated some of questions would have no point values assigned to them. Not sure if they are sampling people's knowledge or trying to rattle the test taker.
    it did that to me on the A+ tests too...it said there would be 10 ungraded questions for their own knowledge...but it didnt make any mention of which questions they were.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    brad- wrote:
    miller811 wrote:
    it did that to me on the A+ tests too...it said there would be 10 ungraded questions for their own knowledge...but it didnt make any mention of which questions they were.

And they won't tell you. ;)

It can be used to evaluate a candidates knowledge level. Possible newer technologies and when a revision is due. New questions that maybe were not previously released. etc...

Think of it simply as a survey of the cross-section :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?