2007 or 2005

jarjarjarjar Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
I took the test last week after uses the Comptia Network+ Certification Kit which included the Network+ 4th edition 2005 Exam material. The problem was, the test is now called 2007 Exam.
I knew the material on the books I had studied, frontward and backward, (fully expecting to get an 800 or better) but they were asking questions on material I had not studied.

--Anyone get a read on this yet? The Comptia website still only has the 2005 objectives, but if you look at this you will see it says 2007 Edition http://certification.comptia.org/network/glancebox.aspx. I don't feel like dropping $200, walking into a test center, and failing due to unexpected material... icon_confused.gif

Comments

• 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24299

i think this should answer your question :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • jarjarjarjar Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ---> 7255carl = the MAN. :D

Thanks for the clarity. I was getting worried (who am I kidding, I was pulling my hair out) that I'd been studying all these weeks for an exam that was retired. Like that time I showed up to church on my wedding day, but forgot that she said "NO!". Odd ceremony..... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    lol !!!!!!!!!
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    jarjar wrote:
    ---> 7255carl = the MAN. :D

Thanks for the clarity. I was getting worried (who am I kidding, I was pulling my hair out) that I'd been studying all these weeks for an exam that was retired. Like that time I showed up to church on my wedding day, but forgot that she said "NO!". Odd ceremony..... icon_rolleyes.gif

I studied using the latest material available from Amazon (Comptia Network + Certification Kit)purchased in Oct 2007 published in 2007 by Sybex. based on the 2005 exam.
    It did not prepare me for the quesitons on the 2007 version of the test.
    I did pass the exam, but not like I felt I should have.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    miller811 wrote:

I studied using the latest material available from Amazon (Comptia Network + Certification Kit)purchased in Oct 2007 published in 2007 by Sybex. based on the 2005 exam.

The objectives haven't changed. The most current Objectives are 2005. The exam being administered is 2007....because we are in the year of 2007. In 4-5 weeks it will be the 2008 exam.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but it's not the book's fault. The objectives are available for download and both Meyer and Sybex put out great books for A+ and NET+. If you've passed, you likely did something correct. But if you are not happy with the score...well, it's possibly you fell prey to nerves or rushed some sections. Not going to debate that with you, but those two sources are excellent.

And for NET+ if a person on this site doesn't download the PDF from
    http://www.techexams.net/technotes.php

they are missing an excellent tool in their prep ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    You people are getting way too hung up on this 2005 - 2007 issue. The exam has not gone through a major upgrade since 2005. All CompTIA exams have the famous "unscored questions" which CompTIA uses to continually test new questions without going through a revision. The label (2007 edition) is more of a marketing ploy than anything else.

The network+ exam is still mapped to the 2005 objectives.
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Plantwiz wrote:
    miller811 wrote:

The objectives haven't changed. The most current Objectives are 2005. The exam being administered is 2007....because we are in the year of 2007. In 4-5 weeks it will be the 2008 exam.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but it's not the book's fault. The objectives are available for download and both Meyer and Sybex put out great books for A+ and NET+. If you've passed, you likely did something correct. But if you are not happy with the score...well, it's possibly you fell prey to nerves or rushed some sections. Not going to debate that with you, but those two sources are excellent.

And for NET+ if a person on this site doesn't download the PDF from
    http://www.techexams.net/technotes.php

they are missing an excellent tool in their prep ;)

All I am relaying is my personal opinion and personal experience when I took the test 8 days ago. and in my opinion I was fully prepared in the material I studied (along with the 350 flashcard, 20 chapter tests and 4 sample tests) and the material on this site. Plus my field experience. There were many (pick a number) of questions that I was not familar with on the exam.

I passed, I am glad I passed, but no one could convince me that the I did not study enough or that the material on the test had not changed.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283