Frame Relay Setup with T1 Cards?

EcoEco Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm looking to add a frame relay switch to my lab but the WIC-1T cards are a bit pricey (combine that with the cables you need to buy).

The majority of the routers in my lab already have WIC-T1 cards and I'm curious if it's possible to get a nm-card with multiple T1 inputs and make a frame relay switch? If so is there any reason not to do this?

As a side question, what type of cabling would I use to connect them together? Is it standard Cat5 and if so, is it straight-through or crossover?

Thanks in advance,
Eco

Comments

• tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    Eco wrote:
    I'm looking to add a frame relay switch to my lab and the WIC-1T cards are a bit pricey (combine that with the cables you need to buy).

The majority of the routers in my lab already have WIC-T1 cards and I'm curious if it's possible to get a nm-card with multiple T1 inputs and make a frame relay switch? If so is there any reason not to do this?

As a side question, what type of cabling would I use to connect them together? Is it standard Cat5 and if so, is it straight-through or crossover?

Thanks in advance,
    Eco

Eco,

Which specific model router(s) do you have in your lab?
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You may want to look into a NM-4T1-IMA or a NM-8T1-IMA. You will probably find the wic-1T route to be less expensive
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • EcoEco Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have all 2600xm Routers (2x 2651xm and 2x 2621xm to be more precise).
    I was planning on making the frame relay switch a 2620.