Longest Uptime for your servers?

TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
How long have your servers been up and running? 6 years? Incredible service by Netware servers..

Check out the output on Monitor.NLM !

http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/trench/241.html#3

Updated: 10 Nov 2005 - Charlie White sent us a new screen capture of his NetWare NFS Server running on NetWare v3.12 showing that it's still running strong and has been up now for over 6 years!

It's running on a 486 with only 16 MB of RAM and gets a serious workout all day with bi-directional printing and file sharing between NetWare and UNIX. It had a small memory leak that finally got fixed with 312ptd. Prior to 312ptd he had to reboot it once a year, otherwise the screen capture would reflect something closer to 9 years. It's still going strong with a constant 56% cache. It's been up 2263 days, 3 hours, 47 minutes, and 59 seconds.

Turgon CNE

Comments

• CorySCoryS Member Posts: 208
    Well unfortunately ours is about a year, and thats a linux box with a small web application running on it. Otherwise almost everything else has been about a month since we had a massive cooling failure which ended up tripping breakers (nice huh?) The new domain controllers have been up since installed about 2 months ago.. So, I lose. ;)
    MCSE tests left: 294, 297 |
  • cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    Had a customer that I have never heard of before call to have a box rebooted last week. I did some research and saw that noone had touched his server and he had not been onsite for 4+ years. Noone who is here has ever worked in his cab. I felt like I was opening a time capsule.
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    mmm maybe a month. We are not running on a UPS in an old school and the power likes to go out once in a while :D

I remember reading a contest somewhere for up-time on Cisco IOS, and someone had like 8 years uptime.
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hmm, long term cache hits - 3%, me thinks they need more RAM. icon_wink.gif

I have a customer with a NT4.0 box (yes I know) that has been up for 4-5 years since the last time it was rebooted. We installed a new UPS on it a couple months back, good thing for multiple power supplies.

I have a couple Win2k servers taht have been up for 2 years, could be longer but they were moved 2 years ago.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    I used to own some solid Raq2 servers. After I did all the updates they were up and running for 8 years straight. Those are some solid boxes. Granted, they dont do much but host websites/email but they work damn well.
  • mistervincemistervince Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    we have a small apache web server thats been running on a very old primitive slackware distro and it has been running for like over 6 years now... its hilarious. we call it the little devil.
    Why is SuSE better than Redhat?

Its alllll in the startup scripts. All in the startup scripts. >.<

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A old UNIX box that had been up for last six years.

W2K SVR reboot every other day.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    Anyone ever here of security updates? I wouldn't be bragging if I had a server up for 8 years. I'd be embarassed..

:P
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    Trailerisf wrote:
    Anyone ever here of security updates? I wouldn't be bragging if I had a server up for 8 years. I'd be embarassed..

:P

well not every update for every OS requires a restart