SKYPE ?

r0bskir0bski Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Your thoughts on Skype ?

I have a friend who i went to college with, for MCSE classroom studies.
We will soon be starting 70-297 (self study) using the MSPress book, a CBT Nuggets and a study guide.

We have just purchased headsets to use skype, to discuss any issues we have and to encourage each other with our studies.

Does anyone else use skype ?
How do you find it ?

To me, it seems like a good (cheap) way forward.
Could well be useful for forum members to share exam/study advice ?
Working towards MCSE2003

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It does what it's supposed to ;)

Most IM clients also support voice and video.

You're lucky to have someone to go through the material with. You will both benefit from that greatly.
  • dpsdps Member Posts: 116
    It's pretty decent compared to Yahoo Messenger.
    Videos ain't choppy and sound is great. Of course *you* should have a stable and fast internet access to fully utilize this.

I use Skype to speak and see my relatives in the Philippines. Their internet connection is not as fast as mine so sometimes the video pause and resumes.
    Focused and Steady.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Skype support a lot of Extras (plug-ins) for collaborative productivity. The ability to record audio and webcam sessions and show your computer desktop remotely are a couple I use at work. There are more features with the Pro (for-pay) version of Skype, but the free version is very useful too.
  • mistervincemistervince Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Skype is a great tool for people to have. I love it. In fact, our company uses it for conference calls now.
    Why is SuSE better than Redhat?

Its alllll in the startup scripts. All in the startup scripts. >.<

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.