Cisco 2600 series router prob

kenny504kenny504 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 237 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just got this router out the box and for some reason i cannot ping my own interfaces on devices connected to it. I think it might be a hardware problem but...every interface?

I wanted to upgrade the ios but my e0/0 port is up but line protocol is down. so is all the others.

Any suggestions?
There is no better than adversity, every defeat, every loss, every heartbreak contains its seed. Its own lesson on how to improve on your performance the next time.

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    What kind of cable do you have plugged in? Should be crossover to connect to your PC or straight through to a switch.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    kenny504 wrote:
    Just got this router out the box and for some reason i cannot ping my own interfaces on devices connected to it. I think it might be a hardware problem but...every interface?

I wanted to upgrade the ios but my e0/0 port is up but line protocol is down. so is all the others.

Any suggestions?

kenny504,

Which specific model "2600 series router" are you having this issue with?
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What happens when you unplug the cable and issue the "no keepalive" on the interface? Does it come up after that?
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    ethernet up,line protocol down normally means a configuration error.....

could you post your config so we could get a better idea?? be sure to double check you cable requirements..... router to PC or router to router needs a cross-over cable....

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • kenny504kenny504 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 237 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ok problem solved apparently the cable i was using was giving me some false positives, sorta wierd..Thanks alot for the help guys.
    There is no better than adversity, every defeat, every loss, every heartbreak contains its seed. Its own lesson on how to improve on your performance the next time.
  • tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    kenny504 wrote:
    Ok problem solved apparently the cable i was using was giving me some false positives, sorta wierd..Thanks alot for the help guys.

kenny504,

Which cable?
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    kenny504 wrote:

kenny504,

Which cable?

The cable that connects the square thingy to the rectangular thingy. icon_wink.gif
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    dtlokee wrote:
    The cable that connects the square thingy to the rectangular thingy. icon_wink.gif

icon_rolleyes.gif power cord? icon_lol.gif
    Jack of all trades, master of none