Test scheduled for Friday - wish me luck :) - UPDATE: Passed

lnsomnialnsomnia Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

I scheduled my test a couple days ago for November 30th. I got my voucher from here, http://www.getcertify4less.com/network-vuex-promo.asp for $189. The voucher expires on Saturday December 1st. I've seen these vouchers as low as $169 on that site, just depends on when the expiration is and how many they got.

I've been studying with CBTNuggets mainly & TestOut for their labs. I use Transcenders to help with the testing part.

I mainly work in Desktop atm but had a recent stint for the past 4 months in my companies networking department. I enjoyed it so much it inspired me to get this certification. I'll post back on Friday on how well I did (or didn't). Wish me luck :)

lnsomnia

Comments

• supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    LUCK! icon_cool.gif
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • TimreddTimredd Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good Luck man
    I'm gonna do it mid decemberjavascript:emoticon('icon_cool.gif')
    Cool
    A+ 2007 Network+ 2007
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good luck icon_thumright.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • EmpathyEmpathy Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck!

Wow, that's not a bad price for that voucher!
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    good luck
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
    good luck :)
    No Sacrifice, No Victory.
  • lnsomnialnsomnia Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well I just finished the test, I passed with a lowsy 623. I figured there were about 15 questions I was on the wall and maybe 2 questions I had no clue what the heck they were talking about. I seriously had a question that the answer was "Windows 3.1".

Way more Windows NT 4.0 questions than I was ready for, I am an MCP in NT 4.0 Server & Workstation but hell that was 9 years ago, I can't remember it that well.

But you know what, like everyone says, "A pass is a pass".

I have training for the next couple weeks for Vista, so I'll be upgrading my MCDST to the MCITP Enterprise support technician. After that I might take a stab at the Security+ before the end of the year.

Oh and btw, I just found out yesterday that my organization will be adding a new position in the Networking department!! We'll see how that pans out. Wish me luck on that.

lnsomnia
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Congrats,
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck on the network position. :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    lnsomnia wrote:

I've been studying with CBTNuggets mainly & TestOut for their labs. I use Transcenders to help with the testing part.
    dang man thats like over $1k + the 200 for the test.

Is there like a discount store somewhere online I havent seen?
    Yup, it's the discount store called "buy alot and pay less."

My company purchased some package for CBTnuggets last year that gave them almost their whole library.

Not sure about TestOut & Transcenders, they were just made available to me through my work, I didn't pay a dime for the learning material. I'm sure it wasn't much when you buy in bulk.

This training I'm taking for Vista next week, we're sending 24 technicians and having New Horizons come on-site to train us, it's costing $51k for 2 weeks. On top of that we receive of course 24 vouchers for the 70-620 test, but we also get an additional 70 training days for 1 year. So lets say I wanted to take a week long course through them for my Citrix Certification, they'll just subtract those 5 days from the 70. So we would have training 65 days to use until the end of next year. Pretty sweet deal.
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    wow thats killer man.

I'm gonna see if my employer would spring for something like that.
    Here's the link to the CBTNuggets thang, it's not just the media, it's hardware too. $14k too.

http://www.cbtnuggets.com/webapp/product?id=379