Need ur suggestions on 70-290

kannan2winkannan2win Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
sorry for my previous post.

May be i am wrong.................................

okay i studied ms press book thoroughly do i need anything else to cover

thanks

Comments

• shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    The reason you aren't getting any help is you are using products that help you ****...you chose the wrong forum if you want help when you use materials such as that...there's a reason you have to display the name in that context. other wise it would be filtered and that should tell you something, so how about you try out some legitimate products and don't try to **** with companies claiming to have actual exam questions! All you do when using those products is bring down the actual certification, you need to understand the material to earn the certification otherwise it's completely worthless. icon_evil.gif
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You're in the wrong place to mention Braindumps my friend icon_evil.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • michael_knightmichael_knight Member Posts: 136
    I'll be honest, If by some chance you get your hands on what is supposed to be an actual question, I won't lie I would read it too, but only as a supplement. You need to understand though that people do those things based off of memory, so a lot of it is wrong anyway. I know how it is when you're trying to pass a test, but you still need to study the right way. That's the ony way you will truly maintain the knowledge you need. Remember vendors change their tests with out knowledge so you can memorize questions for a month just to have the questions change the day you sit
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm always surprised when people who use ****, and even those who obtain their certifications legitimately, do not focus on the bigger picture. The real objective is to genuinely learn the material, so you can complete those tasks in a live environment. Obtaining a certification should not be the end goal; it's just the beginning.
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    The real objective is to genuinely learn the material, so you can complete those tasks in a live environment. Obtaining a certification should not be the end goal; it's just the beginning.

+1 icon_thumright.gif

Amen to that!
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • r0bskir0bski Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    for my first exam, 70-290, a friend of mine done me 5 questions from an 'actual test paper'
    this isnt dumping, it was to get a flavour of what the test was like, and i'm quite happy he done that.

I will also do a similar thing for 297, so i get a feel of how the scenario's work.

That does not mean that its a good idea to read every pool question and remember those that you didnt understand during your studies.

Where the '5 questions' helped me was ....... and i can easily share the tips now ....

1) When reading the exam questions and answers in a live exam, 1 answer often sticks out at being wrong. 2 answeres will prob look like exactly the same answer (but on closer inspection, maybe 1 word is different). A tip would be - read the answer before reading the question.

2) It showed me the format of how the questions were laid out - 'not exactly transcennder style'

3) It proved that you DO get questions that relate to topics that was not in the study material. This could be based on another exam, or even based on your understanding of how say DNS works.

Just remember this.
    Those who braindump ...... what are the chances of you getting your hands on the questions you may be asked in a job interview ? very slim.

You will be asked technical questions in a job interview and if you dont have a sound understanding of what you have studied, then you will get caught out.

An MCSE2003 came for a job interview at out place, my boss said to me, this is what he has passed, your doing that track - give me a couple of technical questions to ask.

He had done 290 yet didnt know where he had to go to change a basic disk to a dynamic disk.
    I asked him - if all you had on you was a windows 98 boot floppy, how could you format and partition your hard drive.

granted, thats not in MCSE track 2003, but he had not got a clue about fdisk on a win98 floppy, yet he said he had been in IT for 15 years.

Would YOU like to be shown up like that ? trust me, that guy felt like standing up and walking out there and then.

I had prepared 5 questions, but i could see after 2, he had not got a clue, so instead of humiliating, i just said to my boss - thats enough from me, i'm done.

kannan2win, i see you are CCNA, and i see that you have used the MSPress book.
    Personally, i would try get your hands on a study guide, as 70-290 is quite varied. I had a couple of questions on IIS which i had not covered in MY course (i done the MOC course).
    I find sybex quite useful.

There are some practice exams on this forum and other websites that will test your subject areas, getting a good 80% in these would show readyness. When i took my exam, i was getting 54% on Transcender, yet passed with a score of 790.
    Working towards MCSE2003
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    r0bski wrote:
    for my first exam, 70-290, a friend of mine done me 5 questions from an 'actual test paper'
    this isnt dumping, it was to get a flavour of what the test was like, and i'm quite happy he done that.

I will also do a similar thing for 297, so i get a feel of how the scenario's work.

That does not mean that its a good idea to read every pool question and remember those that you didnt understand during your studies.

Where the '5 questions' helped me was ....... and i can easily share the tips now ....

This kind of justification always amazes me. Why is it okay to **** "just a little"? Is stealing $5 from someone all right, but stealing $500 wrong? You just want the $5 so can see what it's like to ride the subway, so that when you get a job and earn $500 you can decide if you want to buy a legitimate 1 year pass on the subway?

I am pretty sure that if you ask a buddy in college for just 5 questions from your Chemistry finals so you can see what the professor is going to test you on when you take it, that you will get flunked if caught. I bet your professor won't buy into any of your reasonings why it isn't "cheating" to just look at 5 questions.

This is not a flame by the way, this is my standard use of analogies that I hope will change your mind about using ****.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    sprkymrk wrote:
    This kind of justification always amazes me. Why is it okay to **** "just a little"? Is stealing $5 from someone all right, but stealing $500 wrong? You just want the $5 so can see what it's like to ride the subway, so that when you get a job and earn $500 you can decide if you want to buy a legitimate 1 year pass on the subway?

I am pretty sure that if you ask a buddy in college for just 5 questions from your Chemistry finals so you can see what the professor is going to test you on when you take it, that you will get flunked if caught. I bet your professor won't buy into any of your reasonings why it isn't "cheating" to just look at 5 questions.

This is not a flame by the way, this is my standard use of analogies that I hope will change your mind about using ****.

Agreed I don't understand why this continues to come up time and time again, it's simple learn and understand the material. What is the point of having a certification if you don't know any of the material, it disgusts me how much people are ok with cheating on these exams. All it tells me is that you're lazy and are in this field for the wrong reasons.
  • r0bskir0bski Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I certainly have not taken it as a flame.

I was not clear in what i said above (having re-read it)
    I said he prepared me 5 questions, what i didnt state was that they were for some 2000 server exam, not 2003 (70-290 was the exam i was taking).

It was a flavour of what to expect in regards to layout.

Having not seen a microsoft exam before, i found what we had done eased me into what to expect.

and the scenario one will not be a sample from 297, but another exam that uses scenarios.

I hope that makes sense

edit:
    Having just looked at the practice exam on this forum, they look great.
    Working towards MCSE2003
    If you thought that was helpful, you'll really like Transcenders. Expensive, but spot-on preparation for MS exams.
    kannan2win wrote:
    sorry for my previous post.

May be i am wrong.................................

Alright, but I'm going to keep an eye on you icon_cyclops_ani.gif

(Sorry, I just realized there were more emoticons, and when I saw that one, I thought of this thread. What other use could it possibly have?)
    dynamik wrote:
    Alright, but I'm going to keep an eye on you icon_cyclops_ani.gif

(Sorry, I just realized there were more emoticons, and when I saw that one, I thought of this thread. What other use could it possibly have?)

I think the Minnesota winter is getting to you dynamik. You need to head south for a vacation. :P
    sprkymrk wrote:
    I think the Minnesota winter is getting to you dynamik. You need to head south for a vacation. :P

Unfortunately, it's only the begging. It was 5-7 degrees every morning this week; it's hard to believe it'll get 20-30 degrees colder. I have to endure this one and one more. After I get my degree, I'm outta here.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention though. Now that I'm aware of my problem, I'll try to keep my erratic emoticon posts under control icon_wink.gif
    It's about 70 degrees and sunny here in Charleston today. icon_cool.gif