Options

Confused by study material

ArturasArturas Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Every one’s talking about how good the Transcender exam preparation program is. I can agree that it’s good, but it’s only got 3 different exams, I knew that so I’ve been studying to do two over 90 percent. After achieving this I’ve done the third one, which had all new questions that I’ve never seen. So after practicing to be perfect on two exams, I’ve scored 86 percent on the third one from the very first time. I was feeling almost ready to take the real test. But after that I took the test on another program “ExamGear” that comes on CD with “New Riders” book. I’ve done one test and my score was 56%. It turned me down. I went through all the questions that I’ve had wrong, all of them were explained. I’ve been studying by using MS Press book and I’ve tried to find the information about the questions that I had wrong. But I couldn’t I think those are jus irrelevant to the 70-210. My question is which product is bad? Is it MS Press book because it doesn’t give full information about the exam, or is it ExamGear contains questions irrelevant to the 70-210???

Comments

• Options
    LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    I don't know about the examgear or the MS press book but I use transcenders for all my tests and since I've been using them i haven't not pass an exam since so I personally would go with the transcender and stick with them. I think that transcenders and from what I've heard bostons are the best practices tests available.
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Well make sure your Trancender is updated. I think there's an update every month; and when there's one, there are a lot of new stuff to be learned.

Next, I think you should be getting a fixed score of 90 or above. Keep in mind that the questions presented in Trancender are very clear and easy to understand. On the other hand, prep questions that come with books are usually out of date and have very hard and sloppy wording.

All that stuff you've heard about Trancender is true man. I've used them for all my tests and I've never failed one.

2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    zen4glennzen4glenn Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Let me tell you something about Transcenders...I hate them. Wonderful practice questions but, I always had problems passing the dang things. Passed both Professional and Server tests even though I was failing in Trans. If you are doing well in Transcenders and understand why the answers are the answers instead of them having been commited to memory from repitition, then you will probably do fine.

Question...How can you read a MS Press book without drooling all over it? The only use I have found for one of the books is a pillow. If I starting reading one I'll fall asleep. I think the pages are laced with Melatonin.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    If I starting reading one I'll fall asleep.

I have the same problem--at least until I can get to the hands-on material. Good to hear I'm not the only one!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    I don‘t read it from beginning to the end. When I make a mistake in the test I read the topic to understand “understand why the answers are the answers”. I also use CBT Nuggets video training. And I think it’s worth to watch it one or two times. Maybe it’s just me, but to me it’s much easier to remember the things by reading the book than watching the video. Video makes it easier to understand, than to remember.
  • Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i think the 1st reference you could use is that ms press book because i think that it was created by the company who made the OS, just like the cisco press - who made the cisco product.. for other consideration if you want to test your skill after read such book - its ok to have transcender, or sybex guide book/test.
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • Options
    My record on transcenders doing the test for the first time was as I said in the first message. Had my exam today 13th of April. Scored 931 dont know where that one comes from but it wasnt hard. Thanks to you all.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the pass!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    By the way it was one scary moment, when I pressed finish. I had a message on a screen “calculating”. It only took 2-3 seconds, but I was shaking about 10-15 mins after that couldn’t dive. It looks funny now, but it wasn’t at the time. Anyway what I want to say to every one about my study techniques. When I was doing my prep tests. If it was test on a computer: I’ve printed it and wrote down. On written tests I write down all the incorrect answers opposite way. For example question about offline folders I think that the answer is “C” that says that schedule must be performed from recovery console. After reading the real answer I write down that the rec. console doesn’t support that. It’s just a stupid example, but when I write the explanation it makes easier to remember even if I never read my explanations.
  • Options
    blackguymdblackguymd Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    good to hear...,..congratz
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Congratulations on the pass icon_lol.gif
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.