Options

Path for certification

LTParisLTParis Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have not done anything in the certification realm since 1998. In that year I got my MCP (Front Page) and A+ certs and never really considered getting any further certification. Now where I am at the job market is much more competititve (moved from DC to Albany/Poughkeepsie NY area) so I am thinking about getting some certs to help solidify my experience.

Because I already have my A+ I was thinking about getting the Networking+ exam so that will give me my credit towards my MCSA/E and begin preparing me for my CCNA/E. I have always played the role of MS admin and Network admin over the past 6 years so I think having both certs plus my Comp TIAs will be a good mesh.

Or will it?

Any thoughts about this path? N+ > CCNA > MCSA > MCSE? > CCNE?

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    From what I've found, the CCNE appears to be a really, really old certification.

CCNP is the next step for routing and switching on the Cisco ladder.

Cisco Certs

The order seems fine. The important thing is to do whatever interests you :D
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The A+/N+ combo only counts towards the MCSA, and not the MCSE.

Good luck
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    I have a similar path except I am going Comptia Electives>>MCSE>>CCNA and beyond...but that was just my preference.
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.