Anyone taken this recently?

mikeeomikeeo Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
I trying to do a test every two weeks, any one have any tips?

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I did the 2003 equivalent a couple of weeks ago. Software deployment and group policy seemed to be the major focus. Sites, replication, and and many other AD topics made up a surprisingly small portion of this exam. I'm not sure how similar the 2000 and 2003 exams are though.

Why did you decide to start with the 2000 exams? Is that the dominant OS in your environment?
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I took this one earlier this year. As the title of the exam suggests, this exam is pretty much all AD administration. I found this to be one of the easier exams, probably because I constantly adding new users, groups, scripts and GPOs to our network.
    You will also need to know how to set up sites and how to determine site costs.

Honestly, I don't think I even read the book I had for this exam, I think I just skimmed it mostly. I did the practice test that came with the Syngress book and the practice exam from here, I think MCMCSE.com had a practice exam also. As with any exam, real world experience is key to this exam.

Good luck on the 217!
  • mikeeomikeeo Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Why did you decide to start with the 2000 exams? Is that the dominant OS in your environment?

dynamik, I have a MCSE on NT 3.51, 4.0 and had 70-210/215 done back in 2002, but I got side tracked finished up my CCIE this year and want to finish off my MCSE's both in 2000/2003.

Just passed 216 today with a 909, going for 217 in 2 weeks.

Megadeth, thanks for the info!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    mikeeo wrote:
    dynamik, I have a MCSE on NT 3.51, 4.0 and had 70-210/215 done back in 2002, but I got side tracked finished up my CCIE this year and want to finish off my MCSE's both in 2000/2003.

Just passed 216 today with a 909, going for 217 in 2 weeks.

That's awesome. So it's not that you need it, you're just obsessive-compulsive.

Do you realize, you could probably get your 2000 and 2003 MCSEs as well as your 2008 Enterprise Administrator all within a year? That's going to land you in the Guinness Book of World Records for sure!