Options

$$$$

ironlungironlung Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
How much can a Network Administrator Expect to make on average?My guess is 65k roughy 4 years experience.
Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet.

Comments

• Options
    flares2flares2 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It really depends on where you live. My town has a low cost of living. NetAdmin positions around here may give 40-50k, but down in Pittsburgh (only 90 miles south) similar positions go for 70-80k per year.
    Techexams.net - Job security for one more day.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    JUAN1984 wrote:
    How much can a Network Administrator Expect to make on average?My guess is 65k roughy 4 years experience.

Depends how good you are.
    Depends on the company.
    Depends on your geographic area (as mentioned above)
    Depends on what it costs a company to hire someone who isn't you.

So, it's possible, but even around my area $35-50K is what you see. Just too much competition and too many businesses without a huge budget.

You can probably negotiate anything, bottom line is you need to convince the company they will SAVE money by hiring you at 'x' rate. If you can convince them and then SHOW them with your work, you'll be able to call a better price.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?