Options

I registered for the test a bit unprepared.

tcpsyntcpsyn Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've started to study for the A+ a few times, and went through an A+ course about 8 months ago, so I decided to finally get off my arse and register for April 6th, but now I'm freaking out because I've been failing all the practice tests with scores just under passing.

I know everyone says I should be passing them with at least 90s.

I ran out and grabbed Myers A+ book (which I had previously, but lost).

Any suggestions as to how I can remember the confusing things, like scsi pins and widths and the like?

Last minute cram strategies.. I only have a few days!
I registered for both tests, same day.
And we're using windows why?

Comments

• Options
    pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    My suggestion would be to reschedule till you get 90%
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    I agree with pandimus. You really should be getting 90 or more before you take the actual test.

2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    bighuskerbighusker Member Posts: 147
    I think a 90% passing rate is overestimating it a bit, unless you're taking super-easy practice tests or taking them 2 or 3 times until you get 90%. I'd say more along the lines of 80% for the first time you can a practice test. A few days before taking my A+ test, I took the practice ones on this site and got somewhere between 75-80% on each. I easily passed both of the "real" tests.

Be that as it may, I would definitely reschedule if I had any feelings that I wasn't going to pass. I don't know about you, but $200-300 would be crapload of money to throw down the drain for me.
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    the 90%+ rule is generally to allow for familiarity with questions on regularly-used practise tests. i remember that i had taken some tests that often that i expeted to get 100% every time. on tests taken for the first time, you should be getting atleast 70% if you expect to pass the real thing.
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    tcpsyntcpsyn Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I couldn't take your advice, but I was able to pass both exams, so I'm now A+ Certified.

I'm thinking Net+ next month.. I know if I stop, I won't start again.

Thanks for the technotes and practice tests.
    And we're using windows why?
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the new cert!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    Ill be honest, when I was studying for 2k server, I wasn't doing nearly as well as I should have been, certainly not well enough to schedule the exam. But I paid close attention to the questions I did miss, and when I took the test, it helped alot. So, really, it's ok if you're not doing as well on practice tests as you'd like, just make sure you understand why you're missing what you're missing. If that gives you problems, then postpone the test.
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • Options
    TechGeekProTechGeekPro Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Demensia wrote:
    .. I know if I stop, I won't start again.
    That's so true. Keep on truckin'. Congrats.
    Not only am I certified, I'm certifiable.