Newbie Network +

eg2505eg2505 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all
Im a newbie to this posting thing so here goes;

A few days ago I wrote CompTIA Network+ studied hard via the inhouse Training videos
Came and attended lecures, Asked my 20 years hand on engineer Father what He Knows
About networking, ect ect...

Know almost the whole book off by heart

When I got to the exam, I couldent stick to one answer kept changing my answers
Eventually Failed icon_sad.gif

Anyway got a second go at it and will be writing on the 29 of nov

What advice can you give me on how to pass the test this time around icon_confused.gif:

Comments

• supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    study. icon_cool.gif
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    I think you know what you can do, stay with your first choice. That is often the right answer. Also you should have received a printout from the testing site regarding the areas you need to work on, use it! Review the areas you did poorly in and give it another shot.
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The CompTIA exams tend to have more than one correct answer, and you need to choose the "most correct" answer. Now you know your weak areas, so just brush up on those, and I'm sure you'll pass it the next time.
  • eg2505eg2505 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well wrote on the 29 of nov

unfortunantly dident make it icon_sad.gif close but no cigar 527 pass: 554)

one F**king question away from passing icon_cry.gif

Is the A+ of 2003 Easier or Harder than N+ 2007

Because I pased both A+ exams first time around
    N+ is stressful, and more than one answer is correct
    also I found They ask things that are no longer in common use anymore.

will hopefully write again in Jan

Is there any good books that you coud Recommend?
    EG: "N+ certification for dummies"

any good websites that I should try?
    Tried Techexams.net inhouse exams and passed

Don't know what else to try!

HELP!!!!!!
  • LaminiLamini Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i thought the A+ was a joke, like i said before i only read 1/2 the Dummies book, actually more likely skimmed it. maybe i got lucky, but i think not. if you can create an account to join here you can pass A+. maybe exxagerated there, but if you can open up a computer case and take everything out and put it back together and know basic troubleshooting and history of the operating systems, its no brainer. or maybe when i took it, it really was easy (2004). maybe its because I have an electronics background /shrugs
    CompTIA: A+ / NET+ / SEC+
    Microsoft: MCSA 2003
  • freetechfreetech Member Posts: 154
    We all have strengths and weaknesses.
    I understand how things are difficult on the N+. It is almost a liability to have a strong background in networks before taking the N+.
    So, get some notecards, memorize the tables. You know, well-known ports, cables and standards, 802.x, protocols, OSI, etc.
    For better or worse, the N+ is a lot of memorization.
    Keep at it and good luck.
    Experience is a harsh teacher. She gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.
  • eg2505eg2505 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for all the advice

wrote on the 02 of april

passed with 659 or 73%

you were right I shoudent change my answer's no matter what happens

also something else happened I learned:

DON'T GIVE UP EVER!!!!!!

that its the one thing that helped me pass this test after writing 3 (unofficially 4) times

Read my earlier posts for details about my unfortunate situation
  • SSjiSSji Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass!!

do you plan on taking any other certs?
  • Big JimBig Jim Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your pass. Feels good don't it? Speaking only for myself, the worst thing ever incorporated into these test is there "mark for review" button. I have screwed the pooch more times by going back over my answers and second guessing myself. I 100% refuse to use that feature whenever I test now. If I don't know the answer at the time of the question, I'm sure not going to learn it sitting in front of the testing PC. :) Nothing takes the place of knowing the subject matter well enough to be confident in every single answer but show me cert holder who claims to have never taken a WAG (wild a$$ guess) on a test question or two and I'll show you a liar. I never review my answers. Click the button and go on. The score will let me know in a hurry how well I've studied.

Now crack those books! What books? The books for you next certification. IT NEVER ENDS!!! icon_evil.gif
    Happy Trails,
    Big Jim

"If all you do is what you've always done, all you'll get is what you've always got"